Author RENNIE AIRTH

amyb

Senior Insider
While chatting on Zoom with fellow sorority sisters, books and reading came up as a big use of our time in quarantined activities. We shared title and authors and this one came up, British mystery writer Rennie Airth.

His first Inspector John Madden book was RIVER OF DARKNESS, written in 1999. Like Anne Perry, or PD James or Elizabeth George, the charming historical settings in Britain are almost as important as the excellent police procedural and the characters we continue to meet and learn about as the series carries on. I loved the writing, the plot and this first post WWI story.

So, in short, if you are looking for a new author tofollow, give AIRTH a go-I am glad I did.

Many thanks for the recommendation. Just finished River of Darkness. I am always amazed when I discover a writer this good, and one whose work has so far escaped me, despite my headlong dash to absorb the towering mountain of English (or South African) literature. No more run-on sentences for now.

I am delighted to read your post and to learn that you enjoyed the recommendation.Happy reading!