Jetblue partnering with aa?

didier

Senior Insider
I think a bad idea. they both come to sxm, but jetblue is so much nicer to travel with.

The story - similar to deal they did a few years ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/in-...h-jetblue-in-bid-for-new-york-and-boston.html

image.jpg

The announcement of this deal came on CNN last week while I was en route from MIA to SJU. I showed the announcement on my iPad to one of the flight attendants and asked if he knew anything about it. He said yes, that employees had gotten notice of it . . . and that it isn't viewed by employees as a big deal. As the flight attendant said, "It's just 'code sharing,' and we already have that with a number of other airlines."

From the link I posted: " Travelers can also earn and burn frequent flyer miles with flights on either carrier."

From the link I posted: " Travelers can also earn and burn frequent flyer miles with flights on either carrier."
I think that makes it great for the customer. I had thought you could only do that if the flights showed up on the other carriers website. For example, I didn't think I could use Delta miles for an Air France flight unless that particular Air France flight shows up on a search on the Delta website and thus even though I'm technically booking an Air France flight I am doing it through Delta. I assumed this would work the same way. I wonder if they have an interface that allows you to apply your miles from the other carrier through your log in or if they will just have all flights show up on both websites. For me this is great because I have "some" JB miles and "some" AA miles.