Development at Petit Anse

Exactly. If I did that project here, without controlling runoff, I would need to have my lawyer on speed dial. And I would still be having a very, very bad day. And then the Feds would come...

Been away from the board for a while. I notice in the last overhead picture that Villa West Indies is gone. Was it lost in the hurricane? It was a beautiful one bedroom, but very exposed on the point.

Yeah, if I was doing that project here I would have the state Environmental Protection people all over me in about a half of a heartbeat.

Well, good thing you're not here. As much as I dislike that project (and the ongoing construction disaster all around the island), I think that comments comparing local regs with US regs are not appropriate. It's called sovereignty. Our island, our rules, your country, your rules, right?

BTW, I'm really surprised to see that a forum member was able to publish the architect plan on this forum. This is confidential information, unless the said poster is the owner of that project? There is a copyright issue with this.

Well, good thing you're not here. As much as I dislike that project (and the ongoing construction disaster all around the island), I think that comments comparing local regs with US regs are not appropriate. It's called sovereignty. Our island, our rules, your country, your rules, right?

BTW, I'm really surprised to see that a forum member was able to publish the architect plan on this forum. This is confidential information, unless the said poster is the owner of that project? There is a copyright issue with this.

Your island? Were you born in Saint Barth? just curious, not ulterior motive .....

None of your business and a question that will NOT be answered publicly.

My island, my country, nevertheless. And I feel strongly about it.

La curiosité est un vilain défaut ! ;) Nous devrions prendre un café un de ces jours.

La curiosité est un vilain défaut ! ;) Nous devrions prendre un café un de ces jours.

Actually NOT your island if you were not born here. I was born and raised here as were my parents and my grandparents. You keep trying to make this forum a french forum, its an american forum. You could start your own forum Islander about MY island , then you could make your own rules about what is printed on your own personal forum.

Fascinating! Can you imagine getting directions: “. . . take the D210 to the D211, then go right for 400 meters?”
That is exactly how you would get directions in France! Including the N’s for nationals and A’s for autoroutes Like in California. Take the 101 to the 110 but always avoid the 405.

I would be delighted to..

Actually NOT your island if you were not born here. I was born and raised here as were my parents and my grandparents. You keep trying to make this forum a french forum, its an american forum. You could start your own forum Islander about MY island , then you could make your own rules about what is printed on your own personal forum.

Wow! And here comes a personal attack again (not the first time). Let's see if this is going to be moderated. I suspect a handbrake will be taken shortly, after yet another segregation post, islander vs mainlander, French vs American. Below the belt, for sure, and frankly totally unnecessary.

PS: desperado, you know absolutely nothing about me! And yes, St Barth is MY island, MY country.

Very disappointed about some of the comments towards the end of this thread.

Whenever I point people to this forum I tend to warn them about threads like this.

Very disappointed about some of the comments towards the end of this thread.

Whenever I point people to this forum I tend to warn them about threads like this.

One of the reasons some of us no longer or very rarely post/participate.

On a lesser note, I can' believe they dug/blasted a hole that big. Must have been there for ages hammering away at a huge cost in euros and the neighbors sanity.

I once had a client propose a project that required a large basement that would require the removal of 7,000 cubic yards of material. They insisted that they didn't care about the costs involved. Needless to say, when costs came in, they paid me to do the project a second time.

French roads are organized by highways which will have a A in front then a number... The one in my neck of the woods is A7 in Nice. Then there are national roads which will have N...for (nationale) N7 for me, then the local inter departmentale roads will have D.... The highway signs are usually blue.. i believe Nationales are green.... departementale..cannot recall .... Islander?

French roads are organized by highways which will have a A in front then a number... The one in my neck of the woods is A7 in Nice. Then there are national roads which will have N...for (nationale) N7 for me, then the local inter departmentale roads will have D.... The highway signs are usually blue.. i believe Nationales are green.... departementale..cannot recall .... Islander?

sorry Ellen, I had not seen your response..... a plus!

French_Road_Sign_Directional.jpg