Anyone booked 2021 yet?

Great to hear Belinda. I guess the only issue would be if the test comes back positive...

Enjoy and please post about what you are seeing as a new arrival and how it compares with past trips...sans hurricane of course...:pray1:

We arrived yesterday on the island and if your layover is in San Juan the testing is done right there and results in 10 min... We went to all the bother of getting it done 3 days prior and calling the test center to rush them along when in reality it could of been done at the airport. The island is beautiful and it is a wonderful feeling of being back here. Just a shout out to the restaurant Zion. Had a fantastic chefs table meal there last night. What a great way to start our vacation.
Good on ya for being adventurous in these times, and happy that you were cleared through SJ on to paradise! But, I gotta wonder about that 10-minute turnaround time. Sounds great for logistics, and I'm sure all is well for y'all healthwise, but I wouldn't rely on those results as a reliable data point. Just one person's opinion. Have a great time on the island!

We arrived yesterday on the island and if your layover is in San Juan the testing is done right there and results in 10 min... We went to all the bother of getting it done 3 days prior and calling the test center to rush them along when in reality it could of been done at the airport. The island is beautiful and it is a wonderful feeling of being back here. Just a shout out to the restaurant Zion. Had a fantastic chefs table meal there last night. What a great way to start our vacation.

So glad to read of your good experience . . . and am particularly happy about your "shout out" to Zion -- I think the place is fantastic. Such nice people and innovative preparation and service of food.

So glad to read of your good experience . . . and am particularly happy about your "shout out" to Zion -- I think the place is fantastic. Such nice people and innovative preparation and service of food.

We enjoyed Zion as well, they are very accommodating, we're looking forward to another visit.

Well, we followed what the government requirements were. If all they wanted was a negative test can you truly trust the test from anywhere with all these false negative tests being done. There was a lot of stations in a long line doing test after test I’m guessing about 12 stations. We had ours done in PA. To address if the test comes back positive we’ll you shouldn’t be flying anyway, but think positive about a trip if you think negatively in theory all sorts could go wrong. Sometimes you just have to be adventurous, positive vibes and a great outlook on life to enjoy it after all we never know how long we have it for.
Regarding how it is comparing to past trips it feels fantastic. Some of the shops are not open in Gustavia yet. I found out from one shop that had opened but closed again yesterday it was because tourists haven’t come yet. So sad. Get the test done, book the villa and flights and come to this beautiful island. It’s alive and well.

We are booking today! Just waiting for the contracts to be emailed over.
Belinda, thanks for the updates! We will be adding Zion to the list for Feb.

Well, we followed what the government requirements were. If all they wanted was a negative test can you truly trust the test from anywhere with all these false negative tests being done. There was a lot of stations in a long line doing test after test I’m guessing about 12 stations. We had ours done in PA. To address if the test comes back positive we’ll you shouldn’t be flying anyway, but think positive about a trip if you think negatively in theory all sorts could go wrong. Sometimes you just have to be adventurous, positive vibes and a great outlook on life to enjoy it after all we never know how long we have it for.
Regarding how it is comparing to past trips it feels fantastic. Some of the shops are not open in Gustavia yet. I found out from one shop that had opened but closed again yesterday it was because tourists haven’t come yet. So sad. Get the test done, book the villa and flights and come to this beautiful island. It’s alive and well.
Bold #1: But what do you do if you are in an Airport in PR and have a positive test result? You really can't get on a plane home knowing you are positive and probably wouldn't even be allowed to. I guess you quarantine in PR? My point was more it's a lot better to test positive at home before you get on that first flight. But, I do think it is fantastic that they offer that test for those that don't. Maybe have a test at home a week before and if negative be uber cautious until you get on the plane so you know it's possible but incredibly unlikely that you are positive and then go with the Airport test to meet the 72 hour requirement. Or go with the suggested less than 72 hours test and if for some reason you don't get your results back then use the airport test as a fallback option. Regardless it is a good thing for both the traveler and the places the traveller is going to IMHO.

Bold #2: Awesome. I think you are giving all of us a lot of hope and getting me at least excited about coming down soon! Enjoy!!!

Jim A, no way am I getting tested anywhere but home. We just booked a trip to St John for the end of the month. We are flying through PR. Effective 7/15 they are requiring a negative 72 hour covid test (it is unclear if we need one or not since we are in transit) or you can get it there. If I were to test positive, I need to be home for that! Our dr can accommodate it and we will be testing regardless if we need to or not. The safety of the islands is very important to us.

Jim A, no way am I getting tested anywhere but home. We just booked a trip to St John for the end of the month. We are flying through PR. Effective 7/15 they are requiring a negative 72 hour covid test (it is unclear if we need one or not since we are in transit) or you can get it there. If I were to test positive, I need to be home for that! Our dr can accommodate it and we will be testing regardless if we need to or not. The safety of the islands is very important to us.
Have fun. Where are you staying in St John?

Do you also need to get a test in St John within 72 hours before you fly back via San Juan?

Have fun. Where are you staying in St John?

We always stay at Grande Bay. We rent from the same owner since 2014. This is our second trip trip this year. Really looking forward to it. We were supposed to be leaving for Anguilla on Sunday

Do you also need to get a test in St John within 72 hours before you fly back via San Juan?

That is unclear and awaiting clarification. We don’t think so. If we need to then the trip will be cancelled. We won’t be able to get that there.

We're booked in a villa for March/April 2021. We were lucky our villa owner let us book for the same dates we had in 2020. We still need to book flights.

We booked with WIMCO last month for March 2021. We did not get any assurance that we’d get a refund if borders were closed or COVID test were to come back positive; 20% of villa cost would be lost if we canceled before early Jan, 30% after that. Ouch! Fingers crossed.

Just booked villa and flights for January. Regularly attend the annual Festival de Musique, and recently received an update from the founder and director that the 2021 Festival is still on schedule.

I think you may need the test. SJU are asking for testing i believe around the 15th July. Or 14 days quarantine in San Juan. We just get through on the 13th.... check it out the information is on this forum

That is unclear and awaiting clarification. We don’t think so. If we need to then the trip will be cancelled. We won’t be able to get that there.

A "Frequently Asked Question" and reply in a letter received from Tradewind earlier this week:

Will I be able to return to San Juan without another test?

As of July 15th, San Juan is requiring passengers to present a negative COVID-19 test, but at this time, in-transit passengers are excluded from this requirement. If you are planning to stay in Puerto Rico, you will need to be tested in St Barths before leaving to travel to San Juan.