Anyone booked 2021 yet?

Divabella

SBH Insider
I’ve been hesitant to even consider booking anything for 2021 due to the uncertainty in the world and the entry protocols (fearing we’d lose our $$ should we test positive 72 hours before departure and where do we get such test).

Two things happened today making me reconsider: had a routine dr’s appt and he informed me that I can have the results in 24 hours. Our realtor reached out wondering if we were still interested in booking. I explained my concerns and she reassured me that they’ve updated their cancellation policy. In the event that borders were to close again or we received a positive test result, they’d either refund us or let us apply the funds to a future trip. Sounds pretty good! Just wondering what everyone else is doing?

We have our Christmas 2020 into New Years 2021 booked since February hopefully this is all sorted out by December. On a side note we have a trip to Greece and Spain booked for August... still hoping for good news

Hi, we have a villa booked for a week in early November (just after Election Day) and have decided to take a wait and see attitude/approach. My husband and I have both had the virus so that is not our concern necessarily. If we know for sure that we can get test results within the three day requirement, then we will go. We do not have to make the final decision until early October. We truly want this trip to work out but if we cannot get the test results BEFORE getting on the plane, then we may take a pass. I am not up to spending all that money and then have to sit in my villa until our test results are available. I know they say the results take only 24 hours but it sounds like a Saturday afternoon arrival would not work in the weekend timeframe. In any event, anything can happen, good or bad, between now and then so we will just wait, hope, and dream.

We have trips booked for November and February. Waiting until it gets closer before we change any plans.

We have our Christmas 2020 into New Years 2021 booked since February hopefully this is all sorted out by December. On a side note we have a trip to Greece and Spain booked for August... still hoping for good news
We had a trip booked for Capri / Positano for September Our flights were cancelled a while ago but I have been holding onto hope that they would come back. Our hotels were holding off on taking payment until we knew what was going on. I sadly have accepted it won't be happening for 2020. We will go in 2021. Good Luck! Went to Greece 2 years ago (Santorini / Mykonos) it was amazing.

We are flying Houston to Istanbul then onto Athens then Mykonos to Santorini then to my in laws in Asturias Spain we go every August still hoping we have EU passport in case we need to use them

We have villa booked for early November and early April and also have with credit with Tradewind..keeping fingers crossed
We will patiently wait....the island will always be there....

Our April 2020 trip was scheduled to coincide with Les Voiles. Whether or not the regatta is scheduled for 2021 will be a deciding factor for us along with the availibility of a safe, effective vaccine. We have vouchers for SBC as well as a two-day partial lodging deposit. Would love to get those back and start over, but haven't asked either vendor. A post from a few days ago made it sound as tho' SBC has been well taken care of during the shut-down. So, we're wondering if anyone has had luck with refunds?

we are "booked" for time in March 2021. Our cancellation process this year was pretty easy (airlines, villa, travel insurance, etc) so I'm assuming that if we had to cancel next year that our cancellation experience would not be any different than this year (crossing my fingers that we don't have to cancel!!!). My major concern is the timing aspect of the COVID testing....we have an early part of the week arrival thus making the 72 hour window a challenge. I'm not going to worry about at this point as March is a long way off and gosh knows what will be happening in the world and what the "rules" will be at that time. So for know, I'm just dreaming about having some fun on the island!!

Booked for the first two weeks in April, hoping things will be better by then, and maybe(hopefully) a vaccine. I did get a refund from SBC for the flt for my daughter and her family. Tradewinds is holding credit from our missed Apr 2020 trip. I may have to stay longer next year to make up for 2020. :thinking1:

Pushed the villa deposit from this May to next. Got refunds for all flights, but the return leg on Tradewind, which is extending credit through 2021.

Divabella, when you make it back to Positano, please look up IL Pino in Praiano, amazing food!

Praiano is a sleepy little town close to Positano, we generally stay there (Casa Angelina).

https://www.thefork.com/restaurant/il-pino-r317539

Ciao

crescentbeach,
I wrote down the name of your recommendation yesterday hoping that the trip this year that was cancelled to that area would happen in future. And today in our mail came a box with a save the date card for a party next June in a villa in Tuscany...so begins the planning !

We will plan as soon as we can get a reservation at Le Guanahani! I keep trying to be positive that life will improve and we can go without fear...

We arrived yesterday on the island and if your layover is in San Juan the testing is done right there and results in 10 min... We went to all the bother of getting it done 3 days prior and calling the test center to rush them along when in reality it could of been done at the airport. The island is beautiful and it is a wonderful feeling of being back here. Just a shout out to the restaurant Zion. Had a fantastic chefs table meal there last night. What a great way to start our vacation.