AA and Jet Blue from FL?

andynap

Senior Insider
DC1FAF51-C725-4AD5-A1AA-CB54419F77C2.jpeg
E93754BD-4627-478A-B9CC-BFE736F7FD7D.jpeg

The fear of importing cases of COVID from the US to other locations, including SXM, is very real for many people. SXM, like SBH, is requiring a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of the arrival day. The subtle difference between the two requirements is that SBH is requiring that the test be performed within 72 hours, while SXM is requiring that the results be received within 72 hours.

Right now, flights on AA between MIA and SXM are under $200 R/T for much of July and August.

We live in West Palm Beach and currently it is difficult to get results back within 72 hours. Getting the results back 72 hours prior to flying to SMX will be easier than within 72 for St Barts. Thankfully.

I believe you're still going to need the "within 72 hours" test to enter SBH, so you will probably have to take another test once you get here. It's complicated, but if you love the Island, it's worth it.

Phil

Phil, that's what we are planning. We actually added another day to the trip thinking that we might have to spend 24 hours at the Villa. We picked a nice property (hopefully) with a big pool, hot tub and great views, I think 24 hours in it will be easy. Especially with Concierge service from WIMCO.

Phil, that's what we are planning. We actually added another day to the trip thinking that we might have to spend 24 hours at the Villa. We picked a nice property (hopefully) with a big pool, hot tub and great views, I think 24 hours in it will be easy. Especially with Concierge service from WIMCO.

You will have to get retested after 7 days

Gladly, if that's the price I pay to visit the beautiful island of St Barts, mingle with other people who are Covid free and keep the island Covid free. Worth it.

We live in West Palm Beach and currently it is difficult to get results back within 72 hours. Getting the results back 72 hours prior to flying to SMX will be easier than within 72 for St Barts. Thankfully.

Scotik, IF you fly to SMX, you'll be going to California...SXM is the airport code for St Maarten.

Well we have been to our villa before so I know ours is lovely. We should all have a COVID free party at least we know we are, or should be if all the testing is correct.. ohhh can’t wait to be back on the island next week mask free....

Definitely not to Santa Barbara county, although its a beautiful area not my intent. Just reversed the letters :) on the forum.

Nancy you would score high on Jeopardy playing in the category AIRPORT CODES.

Years ago the owner of the agency where I worked did tix for a couple travelling from Alabama back to Phila. via Pittsburgh, left them in Pittsburgh, I had to do the clean up since she wouldn't ! So I did her dirty work with USAirways to get them back to PHL on a weekend with big football game in PIT. They became my clients for years.

And AC left us in Toronto since AC cancelled the Toronto to SAVannah flight & no reaccommodation ! Moot point now since no cruise, no reason to be in Canada. But AC said too bad, we give vouchers not refunds. Important for all to know airport codes !

Forty years ago, in an entry level job, a coworker and I spoke about our nationwide call-in clients in airport codes. She was a former flight attendant. I was a not-as-heavily-traveled-as-I-wanted-to-be wannabe. I'm much better traveled now. I still think about cities and destinations in airport codes, but now more of those codes may be ICAO codes instead of the more common IATA codes. For example, Princess Juliana airport to me is TNCM when I'm tracking flights, but SXM when I'm booking flights. Likewise, depending on what I'm doing, the St Barth airport may be either TFFJ or SBH.

AA just announced its doing full planes middle seat included

I think United also will fill em up. Won't get me on a plane anytime soon tho at our ages, we've only flown first or biz for last 10 yrs...yes more $'s, but only the 2 of us, no kids.