Pearl Beach BBQ

Scotik

SBH Insider
It has been many years since we went to the BBQ at Pearl Beach, I think 2015 and it was Tom Beach then. They use to have the grills on the beach and a performer come and do a fire show.

In August we are on the island for 10 days, double our usually 5 day get away and coming with our children and the Mother-in Law. I thought the BBQ and specifically the fire show they would love.

Also they use to have a dancer come perform on the pole, G-rated but very artistic and good I think the boys would love that too.

Do they still do it? Trying to plan a couple fun nights for the boys.

Did that too Kevin no response yet. I was just curious, we saw the BBQ fire show the first time by chance walking up the beach from Emarude Plage. It was on our first trip, first night on the island and it was very romantic and magical. Wanted to share a moment from time with our sons and hope they will love the island (I know they are young) as much as we do.

In the best of times, things are slow on the island in August. With the current downturn in tourism related to the Covid pandemic, I suspect that there will be fewer activities such as fire shows. On the other hand, if you're on the island on August 23 & 24, they traditionally are celebrations of the Fete du St. Louis (patron saint of Corrossol) & Fete du St. Barthelemy (patron saint of the island). Events associated with each day of activities typically have included evening fireworks displays. Don't know if they'll be doing them this year.

I'd also say that my friends and family members with children -- of all ages -- have seen great success in instant bondings of their kids with local children and others of fellow visitors at St. Jean (particularly in front of Pearl Beach) and Lorient beaches. Language never has presented a problem, either . . . kids know how to communicate in ways that go beyond language!

Restaurants for 4 & 6 year old boys . . . I particularly would recommend Eddy's, as well as Pearl Beach & Lil' Rock (the latter two places being where adults can sit in a comfortable restaurant setting while the kids play nearby, within eyesight).

I believe I saw that the island celebrations might be put on hold this year due to number of considerations. Let see if I can find that in Le Journal.

The food has not been great since the restaurant was sold. We had lunch there ealier this year and the food was very disappointing. We started chatting about where to dine for our Thanksgiving trip and my kids asked not to dine at Pearl Beach. The beach bar scene is pretty and fun and there's lots of "free" entertainment watching the planes.

The Pearl Beach website lists their weekly events: https://pearlbeachstbarth.com/pearl-beach-restaurant/#weeklyevents

Every week, events are organized at the restaurant. From our evening lobster, live music through a BBQ on the beach, we welcome you to the restaurant to share a culinary or festive moment.

Thursday nights, a menu composed of lobster

Friday Friendly After Work

Saturdays from noon, our famous “Bikini Day” and its DJ

Sunday night BBQ on the beach

La Vida es Una Fiesta, every first sunday of the month, enjoy Mexican Party,

I have only been to Pearl Beach for breakfast, which is delightful, not too hot yet, no blaring music, really cute beach boys setting out the transats, great view, and good food... makes me feel like I am on vacation!

I have only been to Pearl Beach for breakfast, which is delightful, not too hot yet, no blaring music, really cute beach boys setting out the transats, great view, and good food... makes me feel like I am on vacation!
Sounds delightful. Shall we?