COVID-19 testing center hours?

Thank you, JEK and Ellen. The hypothetical situation I envisioned was that France might decide to bar travelers from the US as well as Brazil, for example, and order the Islands to do the same. We have vouchers from Delta, SBC, and one of two lodging venues as a result of cancelling our April visit. Paralysis has set in in regard to what to do next. Bravo, to those intrepid souls who have forged ahead. I, on the other hand, have a sinking feeling the SBC and lodging vouchers may never be used.

Oddly, now might be a good time to come, it's a nice time on the island and could be the calm before the storm....

Oddly, now might be a good time to come, it's a nice time on the island and could be the calm before the storm....
Had hoped for a vaccine before flying due to autoimmune issues, so I do feel this trip slipping away. It will be interesting to see what the EU decides on US travelers. NY, NJ, and CT have imposed a 14-day quarantine on folks traveling from states that have become Covid hot spots. How they enforce that I have no idea. Roadblocks?

Had hoped for a vaccine before flying due to autoimmune issues, so I do feel this trip slipping away. It will be interesting to see what the EU decides on US travelers. NY, NJ, and CT have imposed a 14-day quarantine on folks traveling from states that have become Covid hot spots. How they enforce that I have no idea. Roadblocks?
Probably airlines first. Major roads into those states are turnpikes and I 95. Delaware had state police watching for out of state licenses inside the interior roads.

A description of what the NY, NJ, and CT policies entail and don't entail is found in an excerpt from an ABC7NY report that can be read in full at the link. Anticipating that some may feel the approach will be ineffective, many discussions about pertinent legal and logistical issues can be found. This example includes a legal scholar's opinion that "neither federal nor state governments have clear authority... to restrict travel between states, thus making it difficult to justify any sort of domestic travel restriction in court'.

How the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut COVID-19 quarantine will work

Gov Cuomo said the three states have determined, "a state can say, as a matter of public health, if you come into my state from another state, you must quarantine."

He said there will not be a roadblock checking license plates at borders.

"That is not a quarantine, that is a blockade," Cuomo said. "That's what the federal government threatened to do with us at one point."

Each state will do its own enforcement. "In New York, it's a travel advisory, you are informed you should quarantine for 14 days. If you go to a hotel, hotel clerk asks how come you are not in quarantine? You go to a business meeting, someone says, aren't you supposed to be in quarantine? You get stopped by a police officer who says, you are driving a car from Florida, weren't you supposed to be quarantine for 14 days," Cuomo explained. "Any of those mechanisms you can be detected as violating your quarantine. If you are violating your quarantine, you can be subject to a judicial order and mandatory quarantine. You could have to pay the costs of quarantine. There are also fines that go along with violating the quarantine. $2,000 for the first violation, $5,000 for the second, up to $10,000 if you cause harm."

Gov. Murphy said in New Jersey, constitutionally, they are not able to put up border checks around the state, so traveling from one state to another is allowed.

"I think what we are asking folks, this is an advisory, so it's more than a recommendation," Murphy said. "We are asking folks to take on a big amount of personal responsibility here and do the right thing for themselves, as well as their families, communities and the rest of us.

Cuomo said there will be no organized enforcement and no national guard checking people at airports, but he would prefer a person to get tested immediately upon landing, saying that it's "the best way to avoid infection."

"Some states brought in the national guard," he said. "I don't know that we will need that enforcement. You land, you are informed. We know you landed because the Port Authority has the flight manifests. We can follow up and check on you, or someone could file a complaint on you or you could be pulled over by police."

And if travelers don't quarantine and they get caught, Cuomo says there will then be a mandatory quarantine and fines on top of it.

That phone number 06 90 61 50 89 belongs to a wonderful American woman by the name of Donna Cohen AKA Donna Del Sol, who used to have a jewelry store in town. She can help you but she says yes, if you need to be tested and arrive here on a weekend, you cannot go out until you have the test and then again until you have the results. So your best bet is to overnight in San Juan at the airport then take the early morning Tradewind flight and get the test upon arrival... making sure you have made the appointment in the past. No one will police you but yourself, so please be like Spike Lee and do the right thing!

If you are transiting in SXM after 7/1/20 it is a moot point as they have just said it is required to present a less than 72 hours negative test result .... so testing required in advance to go via Juliana.

Lab info if you need to schedule a test:
Phone: +590 590297502
Or: +590 976027544
Or by email covid19sbh@biopoleantilles.com

Thanks, Ellen.