Goodbye Dear Marius, Rest in Peace

I didn't know Marius very well. I only spoke to him a few times. I didn't feel it was my place to take his time from others that knew him so well. However, my husband David loved to speak to him in French about any topic. Marius created a place that everyone came to no matter who you were. Everyone was welcome. 30 years ago this past April was the "first look and that was all it took". Thank you Marius for helping the island be so friendly. Fair winds and following seas.

I regret not having the pleasure to meet Marius. This man clearly affected people in wonderful ways, so many beautiful things have been said about him here. An understatement to say he will be missed.

Rest in peace Marius.

Will Rogers: " I joked about every prominent man of my time, but I never met a man I didn't like." I am so proud of that, I can hardly wait to die so it can be carved." Marius would have slapped his knee & laughed as he embraced the sentiment. It was Marius!

Two photos I came across while 'working' this morning. I couldn't resist sharing them with the group.
Taken during a Select lunch sometime in the (late?) 1980's--My dad, Loulou Magras and Marius.
The 2nd photo is my favorite Marius photo.
Dad-LuLu-Marius.jpg
Marius.jpg

- Peter