Name those who no longer post

Yes, I remember Phil’s site & it’s rich content. (He also gave a lovely review, some years later, for “Case et Cuisine: Traditional Living & Fine Dining in St. Barthélemy,” a book for which I was one of the authors.) Early to the internet for SBH, as well, were Peter & Laurence O’Keefe with their former site, St-Barths.com (with which they no longer are associated).

Perhaps Phil’s first SBH post: http://www.cieux.com/L/Lstb.html

He also gave a lovely review, some years later, for “Case et Cuisine: Traditional Living & Fine Dining in St. Barthélemy,” a book for which I was one of the authors.

And Case et Cuisine sits right next to the Brooks' book on my shelf! :up:

Count me in with the SBH corner of my bookcase with a prized copy of CeC signed by 2 of the 3 authors.

#3 author still is on the island, but difficult to track down. She now has a very interesting position . . . something related to managing the island's historical archives. Perhaps Marius' collection will become part of them?

#3 author still is on the island, but difficult to track down. She now has a very interesting position . . . something related to managing the island's historical archives. Perhaps Marius' collection will become part of them?

I saw here the other night at the opening of the island's heritage exhibit at the Wall House Museum...

I saw here the other night at the opening of the island's heritage exhibit at the Wall House Museum...

I know that we're getting off-topic here -- apologies! -- but just wanted to say that I've heard from others that the exhibition is very well done -- hope that you enjoyed it! I look forward to going there when I visit in a few weeks.

That link to The Civilized Explorer brought back a flood of memories. Thanks for the reminder, Brian. I recall when Phil said he could no longer cover St. Barth. It was akin to losing a friend! Then, Kara stepped forward and the rest is history. AndyNap and Midwest Mike and several others were among the first to transfer to this forum. I was, too, but lost my moniker somehow and had to rejoin in 2003. We started to have mini-gatherings and it was delightful to put faces to names. This thread has been really enjoyable as some of the "missing" have checked-in.

OK here's a bunch more I thought of while watching nothing from the deck
Ashley/Deroche
PeteSam
Overacre
Spring
Theresa
Jayhawk

Nice to be remembered! Thanks, Amy! I'm around, and certainly need to slip back here more. Miss you and all our friends here. Like everyone, I hope the island's setbacks will soon be old news and we can all refocus on good days to come.

Thanks again!

Vic-Good to see you. I knew those guys too-Wisconsin, Oklahoma,Georgia, and Kansas. Some really swell folks! and they are missed.

I'm really bad at names. Maybe these were mentioned, or not. The airline guy that always gave us tips on travel & sent in-plane notes to folks & air force pilot (EARL?, Jim?). I did have another moniker on Phil Stripling's site. I belive Kara revived it here. I'll have to check my reccords.

I hope all are well. This has been a weird, unsafe year.

I'm really bad at names. Maybe these were mentioned, or not. The airline guy that always gave us tips on travel & sent in-plane notes to folks & air force pilot (EARL?, Jim?).

Check post #3, post #7 and post #9 for the answers!

That answers that. I hope they're around, would love to hear some of their thoughts on SBH today. JEK - always glad to see you takin' care of business. :cool: