Tradewind COVID-19 procedures

JEK

Senior Insider
Dear Friends,
We are very excited to announce that St. Barths will be reopening its borders to tourists on June 22nd!
Private and Scheduled flights are now available for booking from June 22nd and through next spring.

• Private charter flights to St Barths are available from San Juan for a connection with your private jet or airline connection. We also offer private jet service from anywhere in North America for a seamless, private-to-private experience.
  • Scheduled flights to St Barths depart from San Juan International Airport which offers easy connections with your connecting airline. Airline service to San Juan has been reduced but remains reasonably well-serviced from major cities in the East, South, and Midwest.
To ensure that St Barths remains COVID-19 free, the government has implemented the following protocol for arriving travelers:

• Inbound travelers may provide a negative COVID-19 test performed within 3 days prior to arrival and have immediate open access to move about the island
  • Travelers arriving without a test result will be required to be tested within 24 hours upon arrival and remain in quarantine until test results are released
  • We strongly recommend that all travelers plan to have a test taken within 3 days prior to arrival
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
We have implemented a comprehensive plan with protocols to ensure your safety while maintaining the seamless travel experience that you have come to expect. Please visit our Travel Advisory page to learn more.

TRADEWIND AVIATION’S COMMITMENT TO HEALTH AND SAFETY

The COVID-19 pandemic has created a constantly changing landscape and Tradewind is taking all necessary precautions to mitigate the spread of the virus. Our team has been working around-the-clock to prepare our operations with additional protocols to ensure your health and safety. We have implemented a comprehensive plan to ensure your safety while maintaining the seamless travel experience that you have come to expect.
AIRCRAFT CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
To ensure your safety, our aircraft are undergoing an extensive cleaning and disinfecting regimen in accordance with the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. All aircraft surfaces have been treated with EnviroSystems BioShield 75 Biostatic, which is an antimicrobial protectant that has been shown to be effective against viruses. Additionally, all aircraft are being disinfected and cleaned thoroughly before each flight and undergo Ozone treatments regularly. We have also removed non-essential onboard materials such as our in-flight magazine and catering. These measures help to ensure a safe and clean cabin for every flight.

PRE-FLIGHT SCREENING
Passengers are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to flying to ensure the safety of other passengers and crew. One questionnaire must be filled out per household at least 24 hours prior to your flight. This form declares that you are free of symptoms and have not been in contact with someone who is known to have COVID-19. If you answer yes to any of the questions, you will not be allowed to travel unless you can show a negative test result taken within 48 hours of departure.

AIRPORT ARRIVAL
Scheduled Service: Masks will be required at all phases of travel from arrival at the airport to destination ground transportation. We will have masks available if you do not have one. If you do not comply with these protocols, you will be denied boarding and will forfeit the cost of the flight.

Private Charter: Masks will be required from airport arrival through aircraft boarding, and again from disembarkation to ground transportation. We will have masks available if you do not have one. If you do not comply with these protocols, you will be denied boarding and will forfeit the cost of the flight. You may remove your mask during flight.
CHECK-IN
To maintain social distancing, Tradewind pilots, concierges and FBO staff will not approach to assist you with luggage unless you ask them to do so. Check-in will be performed from six feet away and disinfecting stations will be available at check-in and in Tradewind lounges.

Tradewind will provide you with complimentary health and safety items upon check-in, including sanitizer, masks, disposable gloves, and alcohol wipes.
AIRCRAFT BOARDING AND DISEMBARKING
To minimize the exposure between passengers, scheduled flights will be boarded from back to front and will disembark from front to back. To curtail the risk of exposure, pilots will be wearing masks in public and during the boarding and deplaning process.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. As always, we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
-The Tradewind Team

Indeed.

Perhaps, they simply assume that most of their clients will stay a week or less and that retesting won't be relevant to them?
I would bet most of their clients stay more than 7 days. I think they made a marketing decision.

> We also offer private jet service from anywhere in North America for a seamless, private-to-private experience.

I wonder what that would look like, say, from Philadelphia.

They fly with a Citation Jet CJ3 from the US down to San Juan or St. Thomas, then passengers change airplanes and get onto the Pilatus for the final hop to SBH. They usually park both planes next to each other so as to minimize time on the ground. Very smooth process which comes at a price.

They also advertise on Instagram frequently when they have to ferry South for a pickup. I never looked into their prices, but I would expect them to be less than NetJets.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.06.04 PM.jpg

The discussion has been all about getting there, but what happens when one returns to SJU from SBH? Do you still need a valid test 72hrs ahead of time? I suppose one could get one on the island? Otherwise, it'd be a heck of vacation having to quarantine an additional 14 days at the SJU airport.

The discussion has been all about getting there, but what happens when one returns to SJU from SBH? Do you still need a valid test 72hrs ahead of time? I suppose one could get one on the island? Otherwise, it'd be a heck of vacation having to quarantine an additional 14 days at the SJU airport.

This is on the Tradewind website, looks as if you can get tested in San Juan on the way back..

All travelers must wear a mask in the airport and in any building in Puerto Rico. All inbound passengers will undergo a COVID-19 screening on arrival. The screening is located just outside of baggage claim. The screening involves questions about your health and a quick temperature check. As of July 15th, 2020, travelers will have to fill out a Travel Declaration Form, which will be available electronically at SJU Insider.

• Please do not travel if you have symptoms. If you are identified to have symptoms of COVID-19, you will be required to quarantine.

After the health screening, you may proceed to Tradewind check-in.

What type of COVID-19 test is being done in the airport (SJU)? (This question was posted in another thread but it pertains to the topic and the SJU Insider reference that is in Ellen's post so is posted here too.)

The 10 minute turnaround, the photo showing a finger-stick sample being obtained, and the test being called a "Covid-19 rapid test" fit the description of an antibody test (e.g. Healgen Rapid Test Device) not a PCR test, which tests for viral material obtained by nasal swab (saliva has been proposed but is not widely accepted as an alternative for PCR).

From SJU Insider:
IMG_8746.jpeg
IMG_8749.jpeg

The fastest PCR test of which I am aware is the Abbott ID NOW, which provides results in just over 10 minutes (but as fast as 5 minutes if result is positive...) - this specific device continues to be the subject of concern regarding higher false negatives than with other PCR devices and is not particularly suitable for rapidly screening large numbers as it runs one test at a time. An antigen test, also different than PCR, that is coming to market (Becton Dickinson) has a 15 minute turnaround.

I just had a client connect via sju yesterday on the way to sbh and they were offered an instant covid test (which they toook) I wish every airport offered this before you left the US mainland.

This is on the Tradewind website, looks as if you can get tested in San Juan on the way back..

All travelers must wear a mask in the airport and in any building in Puerto Rico. All inbound passengers will undergo a COVID-19 screening on arrival. The screening is located just outside of baggage claim. The screening involves questions about your health and a quick temperature check. As of July 15th, 2020, travelers will have to fill out a Travel Declaration Form, which will be available electronically at SJU Insider.

• Please do not travel if you have symptoms. If you are identified to have symptoms of COVID-19, you will be required to quarantine.

After the health screening, you may proceed to Tradewind check-in.

What type of COVID-19 test is being done in the airport (SJU)? (This question was posted in another thread but it pertains to the topic and the SJU Insider reference that is in Ellen's post so is posted here too.)

The 10 minute turnaround, the photo showing a finger-stick sample being obtained, and the test being called a "Covid-19 rapid test" fit the description of an antibody test (e.g. Healgen Rapid Test Device) not a PCR test, which tests for viral material obtained by nasal swab (saliva has been proposed but is not widely accepted as an alternative for PCR).

From SJU Insider:
View attachment 53339
View attachment 53340

The fastest PCR test of which I am aware is the Abbott ID NOW, which provides results in just over 10 minutes (but as fast as 5 minutes if result is positive...) - this specific device continues to be the subject of concern regarding higher false negatives than with other PCR devices and is not particularly suitable for rapidly screening large numbers as it runs one test at a time. An antigen test, also different than PCR, that is coming to market (Becton Dickinson) has a 15 minute turnaround.

yes, i had clients get tested upon arrival yesterday.

I just had a client connect via sju yesterday on the way to sbh and they were offered an instant covid test (which they toook) I wish every airport offered this before you left the US mainland.

We connected via SJU earlier this week. The “instant” test offered that we took is an antibody test. Not a swab test. Very different. A nasal swab test is the requirement. Fortunately we had test results from home with us but wanted to try the airport testing to see what it really is. There seems to be a lot of confusion on the topic of testing, especially at SJU.