No commercial flights to SXM before 7/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynap

Senior Insider
2C3833F2-393B-4A96-946F-DFD52E06CE11.jpeg
376FF11D-6034-4B3E-B861-68D1840833B4.jpeg
85C504D7-7695-40C8-99EB-A5C81E806A6A.jpeg

I am not surprised, in one of my responses on another thread, I said it would be highly unlikely that the borders would open in June. that response was met by one poster with the reply below:

" All official statements say the exact opposite, true that most are in french, so you may have missed some."

the poster threw in an extra comment that said if you read french, please accept my apologies. I had not planned to respond to that statement, but I will now, I can read french, I don't miss a thing in french, so perhaps in future comments, you can leave out that reference. I was not offended by your remarks, but others may have been.

none of us that are commenting on these threads have any power to change things in the government here or elsewhere.

Local media have different information. The post above is from "Fax Info", a local newspaper on the French Side of St Martin. However, the Daily Herald, a local newspaper on the Dutch side of St Maarten has a different view: https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...or-a-safe-and-segmented-reopening-to-airlines

SXM airport is located on the DUTCH SIDE.

Both articles have been published today, May 30th. It's difficult to know what's going on at this point. Here is what the Dutch side article is saying:

“We set a target for mid-June to have everything in place to begin inviting airlines back to St. Maarten. All we need now is the green light from government to open up and officially begin a planned, controlled, and phased return of airlines and passengers to our entry port,” said airport chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Mingo, adding that PJIAE has established a COVID-19 taskforce to create measures to ensure a safe environment for travellers and airport staff.

It doesn’t change my post at all. 3 phases with most large airlines In 2nd and 3rd phases with U.S. in the 3rd phase. Not going to happen in 2 weeks - IMO.

Your post? Sorry, but you merely copied & pasted an article from Fax info, a French media. No other official comment from the Dutch side medias at point. The Daily Herald (Dutch side largest newspaper), St Marteen's week, The Pelican, The soualigapost..... and most importantly the St Maarten Government did NOT confirm the reopening date yet.

I'm very surprised how you can be so sure of yourself. Perhaps would you like to share with us how you confirmed this single media statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.