Delta and JetBlue resuming flights to SXM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander

Banned
Delta is offering direct flights from ATL to SXM starting June 14th, and JetBlue flights to SXM via SJU in code sharing with Silver Airways starting June 13th.

HOWEVER: SXM airport did NOT officially announce the reopening of the airport yet. There are 2 possibilities at this point:

1. DL and B6 know something that we don't.

or

2. DL and B6 are just making a bet. If SXM opens on time: win win. If SXM doesn't open on time: no problem, fee-free cancellations are offered.

In any case, before SXM authorities officially announce the re-opening of the airport, it would be risky business to make any travel plans at this stage.

DL.jpg

JetBlue.jpg

JetBlue flights to SXM via SJU in code sharing with Silver Airways starting June 13th.

Some may not be familiar with Silver Airways. Silver is a Florida-based regional carrier, primarily providing service in Florida and the Bahamas. 2 years ago Silver acquired Seaborne Airlines, a Puerto Rico-based regional carrier, primarily providing service in Puerto Rico and the Leeward Islands. This is the first time that I’ve seen Silver’s name in conjunction with SJU-SXM service. Previously, those flights used the Seaborne name. Silver has codeshare agreements with American, Delta, and United, as well as JetBlue. After Irma, I think that both UA and DL used Seaborne for codeshare flights between SJU and SXM, but I don’t recall if AA did the same. It will be interesting to see if the carriers other than JetBlue resume codesharing on that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.