To visit or not to visit....that is the question

belinda

SBH Insider
  • Wondering if anyone can give me an answer.... Having missed our scheduled date to visit the island in March we were hoping to get there ASAP. I read on the forum the island wasn’t opening for tourists till testing can begin in November. The owner of the villa says he has guests coming in July via SJU and Tradewinds. So my question is, is it open to tourists now? Is there restrictions as far as quarantine ? Are the restaurants all open? I don’t want to book a flight only to be turned away... Also we have fights we couldn’t get refunded from Wynair so I would like to use them rather than pay out again with Tradewinds. Any help would be appreciated..

I can only relate today's information. our borders are not open yet for tourists. this may change in the coming weeks. not all the restaurants are open.

I think you can see which restaurants that are open on Kevin's restaurant list.

We should know a lot more about borders reopening by the end of the week. The French Government will make important announcements tomorrow.

After all the slings and arrows that you have suffered, you are deciding between returning and going somewhere yet undiscover'd?... Good to see that St Barth Tourisme is helping prospective travelers by removing restaurants from the list of things they know not of...

I’ve had AA and SBC flight booked for July since January and my favorite Villa as well (Villa Haute Maison). But I realize at any minute my annual vacation could be cancelled. Just staying hopeful and watching the forum news closely!!

After all the slings and arrows that you have suffered, you are deciding between returning and going somewhere yet undiscover'd?... Good to see that St Barth Tourisme is helping prospective travelers by removing restaurants from the list of things they know not of...
Not quite sure what your message is, however having been to the island many times we absolutely are looking forward to coming back. The restaurants are not the only thing we are coming for. We were on the island during Urma and have been back to see friends and support the locals on many occasion.
looking forward to more news on the entrance for tourists tomorrow..

No worries, waiting with bated breath to see if there is news tomorrow on the opening............. if so flights will be BOOKED!!!! yehhhhh