Accommodations for one night

Divabella

SBH Insider
Hello Everyone! We are happy to be planning our return to St Barth's for February 2021. We live in NY and have had 3 vacations get cancelled for 2020 (Cayman's w my mom, Anguilla - we should be leaving tomorrow to celebrate our anniversary, and Capri / Amalfi Coast. All will get rebooked for sometime 2021 - hopefully).

We had already planned on returning to St Barth's February 2021 and had started to get the ball rolling just before the virus hit here hard. We had wanted to do 8 nights as the normal arrival day of Saturday would be my birthday. We would like to arrive the day before (Friday). We haven't booked our villa accommodations yet (waiting for things to calm down here and find out the entry requirements to the island, but I need to something to look forward to so I wanted to start the planning more in depth). We already know where we want to stay at Colony Club as we love the location but they will only do a Sat - Sat rental so we need someplace to stay for our arrival night. I know Sunset is a good option but I think that may be a bit too bare bones for us. Looking for recommendations for our arrival night in the $600 or under range.

You will have to get a hotel room, none of the villa's rent for one night. just splurge and stay at the new carl gustaf. if they do one night that is. its only vacation money.

most likely though for a one night stay , all kidding aside, sunset may be the only option for you and even with the sunset hotel, you may need to book the room now.

I agree with Eve, the views are amazing from the sunset hotel, and its not as bare bones as they were in the past, they have updated.

Thank you both! I’ll check out Sunset again. Didier, the construction was in full force for Carl Gustaf on our last trip. Can’t wait to check it out for cocktails

Thank you both! I’ll check out Sunset again. Didier, the construction was in full force for Carl Gustaf on our last trip. Can’t wait to check it out for cocktails

construction all finished except for a little outside work. they had planned a soft opening the middle of march, but then the island was shut down. most likely they will open sometime in october.

Thank you Andy and Kevin S. Both look great. Le Village is making me consider doing 10 days instead!

Out of curiosity, are any of you booked for 2021 yet? With all the uncertainty, I am scared to do so but I also feel like we need to do it ASAP.

I’m booked forever. I do a rollover of my villa deposits on every trip.

What I don’t know is when I will visit again. November? April? 2022?

We figure once we leave we will not get back until November.

And you wrote April 2022, skipping all of 2021,that prompted my note.

We've stayed one night at Sunset, Village St Jean and Ilets de la plage.

Sunset was pretty bare bones, but the price is great and loved being in Gustavia for a night.

Village St Jean has a number of price points. We stayed in the one bedroom. Just a short walk or drive down to the Sand Bar, etc... Nice breakfast and they were happy to keep our luggage until the villa was ready.

Ilets de la plage. Stayed in the beach cottage. Priciest of the three, but nice to unwind at the edge of the water after a long travel day. Airport fence was up, so we couldn't stroll down to Pearl Beach, etc...

None of the other hotels I checked would do one night. Since February is in the high season, Sunset might be the only option.

We are scheduled to be on the island the last week in a January and first week of February 2021. Hopefully, we will be able to enter!����

We've stayed one night at Sunset, Village St Jean and Ilets de la plage.

Sunset was pretty bare bones, but the price is great and loved being in Gustavia for a night.

Village St Jean has a number of price points. We stayed in the one bedroom. Just a short walk or drive down to the Sand Bar, etc... Nice breakfast and they were happy to keep our luggage until the villa was ready.

Ilets de la plage. Stayed in the beach cottage. Priciest of the three, but nice to unwind at the edge of the water after a long travel day. Airport fence was up, so we couldn't stroll down to Pearl Beach, etc...

None of the other hotels I checked would do one night. Since February is in the high season, Sunset might be the only option.

village st. jean is very very nice, I had forgotten about that one.

We stayed at Le Petit Morne Hotel. Great views over Colombier, clean and very reasonably priced. They offer 1-night accommodation.

We stayed at Le Petit Morne Hotel. Great views over Colombier, clean and very reasonably priced. They offer 1-night accommodation.

Gary and I stayed at Petit Morne a couple of years ago on the front end of our trip for 3 nights to extend our stay. A wonderful little hilltop hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and a killer view. Very reasonably priced too. If you don’t mind being a little further “away from the action”, it’s perfect for a couple of nights!