reasons for shutting restaurants?

can anyone come up with all the names that place has been called?

L'Annanas
L'Annanas di Roma
The Strand
Ociella
Casa Restaurant & Lounge by Ociella
Sky Bar St Barth

The last time that I dined there it was L'Annanas. I have a vague recollection that there was another restaurant there before L'Annanas, but I can't come up with the name.

The Strand had a penne pasta with chunks of melting mozzarella that I still fondly remember.

L'Annanas
L'Annanas di Roma
The Strand
Ociella
Sky Bar St Barth

The last time that I dined there it was L'Annanas. I have a vague recollection that there was another restaurant there before L'Annanas, but I can't come up with the name.
Excellent, Kevin! And, I think that you're correct . . . there was something at the location before L'Annanas. I bet Ellen will be able to find it. Last time I was there, it was Ociella . . . the proprietors (chef & wife/partner) were very earnest in welcoming guests and quite successfully made everyone feel important and welcome -- it was very nice. The menu, however, was very "Mediterranean" . . . heavy, as I recall, on things like hummus, bulgur, black olives, etc.. I concluded that I preferred the food of too many other restaurants . . . so it didn't get into "the rotation."

I think that the nightclub was Casa Nikki. The last time that I was in that nightclub was probably around the last time that I dined at L'Annanas - many, many years ago.

If anyone can lay their hands on a copy of D. Randy West's 2nd book, A Sunny Place For Shady Characters: Tales From St. Barth's "Le Select" Bar, you'll find at least one story in there which references the restaurant. Unless it was in his 1st book, The Hurricane Book, LOL. My copies are boxed up.

I remember a restaurant, not the name, however, but it was Italian, & I think we were not on 1st level. It didn't last long as I recall, on the corner when come down from where Bonita has been. Right location for what you're trying to name ?

Yes, that's the place. It was dark for a few years, but there has been a restaurant there for years.

Hotel Hibiscus was where Bonito is now. After the Hibiscus it was Vieux Clocher for a few years, and then La Mandala before coming Bonito.

We're talking about the next restaurant down the hill.

L'Annanas
L'Annanas di Roma
The Strand
Ociella
Sky Bar St Barth

Hi Kevin :

you have forgotten Beefbar ( owner from Monaco) which replaced The Strand and opened and closed within 3 months during winter 2013. Stratospheric prices coupled with tiny portions and you got the result.

"- BeefBar, the St Barth outpost of a small European chain, replaced Le Strand, only to close within months and to be in turn replaced by a new incarnation of Le Strand." from SBH Online

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.51.25 AM.png

good catch, Daddy

Ah yes, the forgettable Beef Bar. I had definitely forgotten that one.

I don't remember Coté Jardin either.