Eddy's closed by gendarmes tonight

didier

Senior Insider
I had a reservation for 7 got there a little late, Mahe said the gendarmes came in at 6:30 and said he could not open, gave him some paperwork and left. I got something to go as the food smelled so good.

However Cantina had about 70 persons spilling out into the streets, entracte was full also. Mahe said he does not know what is going on but looks like the gendarmes are closing some restaurants but not others. Mahe will be checking with the collectivity tomorrow.

this is unreal. creperie was open as was isoletta when I passed. neither of those two places were full just a few customers.

We were at Bananiers, and Thiery said he heard that Terrace and Piment suffered the same fate. No one seems to know what's actually going on, or why these places were closed by the Gendarmes. We also noticed the crowd at Cantina and the full house at Entracte. Hopefully it all gets cleared up in the morning.

Phil

Just got this message from David a few minutes ago. I"m not sure if this is a procedural thing, or if the French government overruled the territories and insisted on full compliance of the National rules for re-opening. Hopefully, it gets cleared up in the next few days.

Not sure we can open Wednesday. They shut down bars and restaurants waiting for a signature from the préfet and an official decision. May be Thursday