Fun with my island friend

llyn

SBH Member
Hello SBHers!

I don't post very often, but our trees and shrubs are blossoming now and I took my island friend outside to enjoy the scenery. Late
December 2017, George and I were fortunate to be on St. Barts and this bird greeted us in the lovely villa upon our arrival ... along with some other delectables.

Anyone recognize the sweet birdie and care to guess from whom it was received? Pretty sure some of you will recognize it.

SBHbirdr.jpgsbhbirda.jpg

A product of the crafts women who work and live in Corossol and I guess your host was Rosita.

Thank you for yer flowers today.

llyn, those are pretty photos and a lovely memento of your time on St. Barth! Thanks for brightening our day.

beautiful! love those straw birds. I remember being at one of Dennis Carlton's parties at his beautiful home in Marigot and a local person was sitting on the sofa and made one of the straw birds and put it in one of the bird cages that Dennis had in the living room. so cool!

I have one on my bookshelf at home and see it every time I grab a book, my cozy blankie, and sit in my favorite recliner to read.

beautiful! love those straw birds. I remember being at one of Dennis Carlton's parties at his beautiful home in Marigot and a local person was sitting on the sofa and made one of the straw birds and put it in one of the bird cages that Dennis had in the living room. so cool!
I remember that evening, too, Diana . . . a happy memory (and fun remembrance of the "birth" of that little bird! Thanks for the story.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Amy! I kind of thought you might be the first in with the correct answer! Kudos! Yes, wonderful Rosita. I believe she said her
grandmother made them.

So, I am Jody of Jody & George from Pittsburgh. Years ago, I had JodyD as my user name but then forgot I had even registered :eek: so at Rosita's, I reregistered with my middle name. Hi Diana!

And, Happy Mother's Day to all ! And .... also from Rosita's that trip is this pretty solar lantern. So pretty!

lantern.jpg

Hi Jody. Rosita's Aunts, Gertrude and Annoncia Bernier, who live in Grand Fond, makes them. Rosita and I visited them in July 2019 and I watched while they made an entire bird family for my granddaughter and me. We treasure those precious gifts. I like that yours has gone outside of quarantine for a breath of fresh air!