Five Countries/Territories have rid themselves of the covid-19 virus

didier

Senior Insider
Greenland, Yemen, the caribbean islands of Anguilla, St. barths & St. Lucia , all have had reported cases that are now recovered.

there are also 34 countries/territories that have yet to report a single case of this virus.

I am looking forward to the re opening of this island, not the borders yet of course, but more normal for the residents on the island. I am hoping for maya's to go, opening soon.

Any idea when travel from the US to SXM and then to SBH will resume
we are scheduled to come the last 3 weeks of July

I would be surprised if the borders open for tourists before october. It would be nice to have the island to ourselves with freedom to move around and stay out as long as we wish, it would be like we were on vacation.

I would be surprised if the borders open for tourists before october. It would be nice to have the island to ourselves with freedom to move around and stay out as long as we wish, it would be like we were on vacation.

I would be surprised too (I tend to take a negative stance on all things, so take this with a grain of salt). In fact, we were in the process of scheduling a trip for February 2021. Had this thing dropped a few weeks later, we would be booked, now we are holding off as we can't even be 100% sure for 2021. I can't see the local government letting visitors in from the US until things have calmed down here for a while.

Also, while it's probably wonderful to have the island to yourself, I am also sure that feeling can only last for so long before the residence of the island miss the economics the tourists bring.

We canceled our early June reservation a couple of weeks ago. When we spoke with the villa owner he said that most are expecting the season to resume no earlier than November. As soon as the island residents and government deems it safe for us to return, we'll be there!

This.

Just pretend St Barths doesn't exist for a year. It helps them and you'll survive.

personally, I would be very much surprised if island not open to the economically essential tourism business when season begins towards end of hurricane season 2020. disclaimer: I have no crystal ball; just an opinion.

personally, I would be very much surprised if island not open to the economically essential tourism business when season begins towards end of hurricane season 2020. disclaimer: I have no crystal ball; just an opinion.
Agree. here on Cape Cod there will be small businesses that will never open again. Some seasonal businesses struggle even in good times.

Just cancelled our June trip...we will not go back till we are all safe and they are ready for us...for now we enjoy our grandchildren..

We're scheduled to go to SBH on June 6; haven't cancelled (or more accurately, rescheduled) yet, but anticipating we will need to move to early November.