Status Quo Until MAY 11TH

amyb

Senior Insider
President Macron has declared no changes in the quarantine rules before May 11th. The lockdown continues. We await President Magras' announcement due on Wednesday.

Hang in there, guys! Thanks for the update, and as Amy always says, keep taking good care of each other!!

Yes, thank you. Got our meds renewed and shipped to us. We are good.

I am so happy I started to read books on my iPad...
I have about twenty downloaded.

And you know the bit from DAMN YANKEES, “We’ve got a lot, because we got each other!”

By May 11th, Fluffy should bring her kittens up to the porch to meet us. That is a fun thing I shall look forward to reporting to y’all.

I am hoping that our island will return sooner than that. people here are still getting things prepared for upcoming hurricane season, as am I. We should not have to wait as long as mainland france, makes no sense.

I ordered an apple tv device and it arrived last week. so I have been watching plenty of netflix etc. a nice change.

We just had to cancel our trip for the 9th of May SBC was very cooperative as others reported. Will try to come in the winter next year.

I am hoping that our island will return sooner than that. people here are still getting things prepared for upcoming hurricane season, as am I. We should not have to wait as long as mainland france, makes no sense.

I see big differences from almost any place on the planet and Saint Barth. Saint Barth has nearly no infections, at least by ARS reports. Why would SBH open the gates to letting anyone in until there is a way to test immunity and/or have a proven theraputic? In the US, and around the world, health professionals are debating how to reopen where there is current high mortality.

And you know the bit from DAMN YANKEES, “We’ve got a lot, because we got each other!”

By May 11th, Fluffy should bring her kittens up to the porch to meet us. That is a fun thing I shall look forward to reporting to y’all.

Sounds like y’all are set for the new wave of quarantine AND you’ve got something to look forward to! I’m waiting for those photos.

Bisous, pals!

Mr Magras could perhaps ease confinement protocols, without opening borders . . . except for Mr Macron's prolongement.

You might like this read, not sure if it’s available as a download.

32FF3A3D-BBF0-4D0F-9CA5-9550EA969C4D.png

Additional information in President Macron's speech is that schools will begin to open after May 11. Restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues will remain closed until mid-July.

On Wednesday we will see what President Magras has to say, and whether there are any changes to the current lockdown and beach restrictions on St Barth.

I see big differences from almost any place on the planet and Saint Barth. Saint Barth has nearly no infections, at least by ARS reports. Why would SBH open the gates to letting anyone in until there is a way to test immunity and/or have a proven theraputic? In the US, and around the world, health professionals are debating how to reopen where there is current high mortality.

I did not mean to open the border to the island, we are not ready for that yet.

I meant for the island to get back to normal operations with the people who are on the island. let the beaches open etc. the hardware stores opening would be a great idea for preparing the island for the upcoming hurricane season.

All so very good to hear, Amy. And, for sure, it is pretty nice/special to be "holed up" with the one you love.

President Bruno Magras replied to my email today about easing some restrictions and here is what he wrote:
"We are working on that.

I have sent a letter to the Prefet to request some adjustments.

But I haven’t get any return on that.

I will keep you up dated."

Today I noticed a lot more construction activity in Gustavia, so something is changing. A big issue is the lack of masks here.