More Sunset Photos in Gustavia Easter Weekend

EddyG

SBH Insider
With dry, hot weather there are spectacular sunsets with a lot of red. Here are a few from Easter Weekend. Plus one of the empty harbor. It has been a memorable Easter and Passover in St. Barth with reflection time and I hope some of the tranquility from here makes it to you with these photos.

DSC09898es.jpg

DSC09902es.jpg

DSC09906es.jpg

DSC09908es.jpg

DSC09911es.jpg

DSC09917es.jpg

DSC09922es.jpg

DSC09928es.jpg

Have you ever seen a "green flash" from St Barths? I have seen this phenomenon many times at sunset in Hawaii, but never in SBH (9 trips over 22 years).
There have been many beautiful sunsets, but never the mysterious green flash. Your photo skills are exemplary, by the way.

I have looked at sunsets and not sure if there was a green flash and others who were watching with me said they saw it. The eye of the beholder.

Green flash--yes, it happens when conditions are right. I was LUCKY enough to capture one in a photo. I have seen 4 while on St Barths.

Cool photos Ed. Can't believe the Eclipse is still in the harbor. Must be the safest place for the crew.
Cheers

Now that is a GREEN flash! Watching for them can lead to serious retinal damage. I try to ration my searches, but once having seen that they really occur, it can become an obsession. You have to be very patient, and wait until the disc almost slips below the horizon. Alas, my photographic efforts have never born such 'verdant' fruit, but I will pursue my quixotic search (which will require several more trips to Hawaii and SBH).

Great goals. You’re right about taking care of the eyes while not blinking and trying to time the shot is good Advice