SBC Saint Barths Commuter

sxmbeachlover

SBH Insider
We were to have been there now, but of course we cancelled our trip. SBC gave us the option of a full credit to use next year or a 95% refund. We chose the refund, and with the exchange rate that Visa charged us it ended up being about 11%. Nothing but good things to say about SBC!

From Winair:

[FONT=&quot]WINAIR has closed our executive & sales offices and call center due to COViD-19 lock down measures currently in place on St. Maarten we are closed until April 20.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We once again would like to give our customers peace of mind; the value of your ticket is safe. If you had a flight scheduled during this period, you will receive a voucher for future travel. Take your time to reorganize your travel plans, as you have a whole year to decide when to use it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For booking information, vouchers and changes you can send an email to reservations@fly-winair.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We expect to be able to (partially) open our call center April 20, 2020 and will work diligently to answer your email as soon as possible from that date.[/FONT]

St Barth Commuter hasn't answered any of my emails. Two direct and two through their website, both before and after the dates for our flights. Our flights were to have been on April 1 and 8, and in each attempted contact, I merely asked about the procedure for our canceled flights. We have otherwise had a great experience with them over the years, but I'm concerned and a little disappointed as I hear about more people who have had responses from them.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been checking junk mail, too. My spam filter is pretty strong, so I habitually check it when I don't get an email that I'm expecting. I'll just continue with a weekly email until I hear back from them...

Hi all - just following up in case someone reads this thread in the future and sees my comments. It occurred to me to send SBC an email from another email address (gmail vs sbcglobal) and I heard back from them immediately. For some reason, my usual mode of communication wasn't working and I wasn't able to communicate with them until I tried the other email address. We have the same option as everyone else to use our credit within a year's time. Hopefully we'll travel later in the Winter of 2021. Fingers crossed!

I received a very quick response from St Barths Commuter and was offered a voucher to be used within one year.