Thread: Happy Passover

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,821

Happy Passover

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,344

Re: Happy Passover

Thank you, Andy. Tonight we will have a Zoom Seder with our sons and their families in New York. Strange, it you gotta be thankful for the technology that exists nowadays.

A Ziessen Pesach, , a Sweet Passover, to all who observe this very special Jewish holiday week and share their Seder meal.

By the way, the photo you chose is gorgeous.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 5,697

Happy Passover to all friends on the island who will be celebrating. (A&P . . . enjoy the Zoom Seder!)

Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Boston Posts: 20,377

Happy Passover to all. Zoom Seder - Great idea!

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 1,015

Happy Passover to all who celebrate. How different this will be for all of my Jewish friends who will not be having the usual numbers of people at their table or the food prep and presentations. Easter will be the same for just the two of us instead of having friends at our table.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 1,706

Happy Passover to all who celebrate! Yes, Nancy, Easter will certainly be different for everyone celebrating it. First time not having our kids all home with us...but, it is what it is. Thank goodness for FaceTime! Our warmest wishes to everyone.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2005 Glen Cove, NY Posts: 6,155

Quote Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
    Happy Passover to all. Zoom Seder - Great idea!
    The Zoom Seder was very nice. Everyone but our oldest grandson checked in, but he works for Amazon in Dallas, and was pretty busy. It was strange not being with everyone, but the Zoom technology kind of made it OK.

Phil

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 NYC Posts: 1,394

Carole and i had a zoom sedar with our family
    ”not the same” no hugs and kisses, but we did have a great family visit
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 620

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    ...Tonight we will have a Zoom Seder with our sons and their families in New York...
    Next year in person... some voices from the not so distant the past can give strength in these trying times...

So moving. And last night at our Zoom Seder we discussed dealing with this COVID19 plague. No one could begin to Imagine dealing with 10 horrible plagues while we were slaves in Egypt.

I read a lot and the Holocaust testimonials and novels are abundant. Recently I read “999” about the first trainload of Jewish single women delivered to Auschwitz. Amazing any of them survived at all. Hearing on this link the voices of the old who survived the Warsaw ghetto was chilling and inspiring.

Bad things happen. The people who work together and care for each other prove that humanity can overcome many hardships. We shall get through this pandemic. Stay strong. Be safe. And STAY HOME!

And a big thank you for those who aid us..Be it medical help, nourishment assistance, or services like power, water, and sanitation. If we care for and about each other we will make it, we will overcome, we will survive!

Blessings on all your heads. May it yet prove to be a sweet Passover.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 923

Amen. You and Phil are true blessings.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2003 St. Louis, MO & Washington, DC Posts: 2,307

Happy Passover!

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,217

Bless you all as this new normal replaces tradition...Happy Passover!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 41

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    So moving. And last night at our Zoom Seder we discussed dealing with this COVID19 plague. No one could begin to Imagine dealing with 10 horrible plagues while we were slaves in Egypt.

I read a lot and the Holocaust testimonials and novels are abundant. Recently I read 999 about the first trainload of Jewish single women delivered to Auschwitz. Amazing any of them survived at all. Hearing on this link the voices of the old who survived the Warsaw ghetto was chilling and inspiring.

Bad things happen. The people who work together and care for each other prove that humanity can overcome many hardships. We shall get through this pandemic. Stay strong. Be safe. And STAY HOME!

And a big thank you for those who aid us..Be it medical help, nourishment assistance, or services like power, water, and sanitation. If we care for and about each other we will make it, we will overcome, we will survive!

Blessings on all your heads. May it yet prove to be a sweet Passover.
    To Amy's point, there is a beautiful PBS movie called "The Windermere Children" that aired recently. It is an amazing story of refugee children brought to the lake district of England after WWII that illustrates the incredible strength of the human spirit. Look at listings for when it might rerun on local PBS stations or you can find it on Amazon Prime. Make sure to select the movie, not "The Windermere Children: In Their Own Words" which is a followup to the movie featuring interviews with the children as adults.
    A powerful message of hope this Holy Week.

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2004 NYC Posts: 17,571

A zizen Pesach to all. Did Zoom seder also. Frankly prefer to our typical extended in person cluster fark...LOL

Be well. Wash your hands! Wear your mask!

(Oh. And OPEN the damn country, please...)
    Neutral and Witty.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 1,015

Quote Originally Posted by Amery View Post
    To Amy's point, there is a beautiful PBS movie called "The Windermere Children" that aired recently. It is an amazing story of refugee children brought to the lake district of England after WWII that illustrates the incredible strength of the human spirit. Look at listings for when it might rerun on local PBS stations or you can find it on Amazon Prime. Make sure to select the movie, not "The Windermere Children: In Their Own Words" which is a followup to the movie featuring interviews with the children as adults.

I will have to see which I recorded from PBS since haven't watched it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amery View Post

Thank you for the recommendation, Amery