Thread: Delta Update

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2005 Glen Cove, NY Posts: 6,155

Delta Update

I just received this as part of an email from Delta. It looks like they are offering much more flexibility for re-booking.

Additional flexibility: We heard your feedback that you want the value of your tickets to be secure and redeemable for a longer period, so we have extended the ability to plan, re-book and travel for up to two years. We’ve waived change fees for your trips through May 31, 2022 if you have travel booked in April or May as of April 3, 2020, or canceled travel/eCredits from flights in March, April or May 2020. You can also change new tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020, without a change fee for up to a year from the date of purchase.

Phil

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2010 Philadelphia and Fire Island, NY Posts: 953

Re: Delta Update

Interesting info. We have United/Lufthansa tickets for Europe with flights in June. I'm afraid to even look at what options we have if any. I highly doubt that we will be flying overseas in June or the rest of the year for that matter.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Dorothy Parker

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 352

Probably a response to Friday's DOT directive to give full refunds. If United follows suit, I'll gladly take the voucher if I can use it next May. As it stands now it's only good through the end of the year.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 1,015

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly-Evans View Post
    Interesting info. We have United/Lufthansa tickets for Europe with flights in June. I'm afraid to even look at what options we have if any. I highly doubt that we will be flying overseas in June or the rest of the year for that matter.
    Tho we have no flights, we do have 2 back to back cruises booked: Rome to Rome, Rome to Barcelona in October, 2 different ships that sail from Civitivecchia...hop off one, get on the other was the plan. I doubt we'll be going even then. June for you, not a chance. Stay safe in your Phila. area.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 2,125

Hi Jim,
    We also have United/Lufthansa flights to Budapest at end of July. I believe, we will proabably have to postpost until July 2021. We were going to attend the Hungaroring Formula 1 race with my (3) living at home children. We were going to travel throughout our homeland heritage sites in Slovakia.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 26,344

Oh Bob..so sorry. hope you get a chance to do your family heritage trip soon.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly-Evans View Post
    We had United/Air Lingus tickets for May 1 to Dublin using miles. I waited until the Tuesday to contact them. They are now finally easier to work with, and my miles were redeposited into my account with no fees, immediately.
    The meaning of life is to live it.