Delta Update

phil62

Senior Insider
I just received this as part of an email from Delta. It looks like they are offering much more flexibility for re-booking.

Additional flexibility: We heard your feedback that you want the value of your tickets to be secure and redeemable for a longer period, so we have extended the ability to plan, re-book and travel for up to two years. We’ve waived change fees for your trips through May 31, 2022 if you have travel booked in April or May as of April 3, 2020, or canceled travel/eCredits from flights in March, April or May 2020. You can also change new tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020, without a change fee for up to a year from the date of purchase.

Phil

Interesting info. We have United/Lufthansa tickets for Europe with flights in June. I'm afraid to even look at what options we have if any. I highly doubt that we will be flying overseas in June or the rest of the year for that matter.

Probably a response to Friday's DOT directive to give full refunds. If United follows suit, I'll gladly take the voucher if I can use it next May. As it stands now it's only good through the end of the year.

Interesting info. We have United/Lufthansa tickets for Europe with flights in June. I'm afraid to even look at what options we have if any. I highly doubt that we will be flying overseas in June or the rest of the year for that matter.

Tho we have no flights, we do have 2 back to back cruises booked: Rome to Rome, Rome to Barcelona in October, 2 different ships that sail from Civitivecchia...hop off one, get on the other was the plan. I doubt we'll be going even then. June for you, not a chance. Stay safe in your Phila. area.

Hi Jim,
We also have United/Lufthansa flights to Budapest at end of July. I believe, we will proabably have to postpost until July 2021. We were going to attend the Hungaroring Formula 1 race with my (3) living at home children. We were going to travel throughout our homeland heritage sites in Slovakia.

We had United/Air Lingus tickets for May 1 to Dublin using miles. I waited until the Tuesday to contact them. They are now finally easier to work with, and my miles were redeposited into my account with no fees, immediately.