Gustavia photos this week

EddyG

SBH Insider
I was hoping for some slow days to really rest and be bored, but never expected to get weeks of this. The first photo is from today, Thurs., and the others are from earlier in the week in Gustavia. There was a big rainstorm that blew by this evening and left clearing skies behind.

We are allowed 1 hour a day outside with the form filled out. I have been calling Marius and he's OK. He said, "this old sailor is fighting on." Hoping to stay long enough to visit him and see the Select open again, but no idea how long that will take.

SAM_0124.jpg

SAM_0102.jpg

SAM_0105.jpg

SAM_0106.jpg

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0111.jpg

SAM_0113.jpg

Wow thanks Eddy G for the photos. Surreal. Here in NYC it is like we are going through an out of body experience. We stay in the moment, stay strong, breathe and look towards the future when the world balances and we can experience the wonder of St. Barth ASAP

I put the storm cloud photo first because it shows how St. Barth is special. You can have rain, but still need your sunglasses on. And storms are part of the experience. And, this storm went by very fast as I hope the virus does. There will be clearing on the other side.

I put the storm cloud photo first because it shows how St. Barth is special. You can have rain, but still need your sunglasses on. And storms are part of the experience. And, this storm went by very fast as I hope the virus does. There will be clearing on the other side.

Ed, you provided that Saint Barth dose of reality and optimism. Merci.

These photos are stunning on so many levels. Thank you, Eddy. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Streets once full of joy, now deserted. The new reality for us all.

A stunning contrast to Ed's photos of just a month ago, which also began with what can be considered a.storm cloud photo...

I suppose we need to remember, as someone once wrote,:

La vie humaine commence par l'autre côté du désespoir

(Human life begins on the far side of despair.)

until the return of those days and the days that such quotes were abstractions to be discussed by tourists visiting Café de Flore and other Paris spots...

Thanks for posting

Thank you--as others have said, the beauty followed by surreal............I run a healthcare business, so we are working to take care of our patients, and it's just so strange to see the empty streets and highways......this, too, will pass--but it can't come soon enough!