Conde' Nast Traveler April 2020 Issue

Not the 'Maya Henry' in the article....

Even I figured that out... i found it amusing how the carefree name dropping turned careless - a 19-year-old minor celeb (mainly due to being the current GF of an A- lister from an A list boy-band that is "on hiatus") making it into the article as a chef at a St Barth restaurant and then getting past any editor...

I'm not familiar with: "cocktails at Le Carré"
Is Le
Carré a bar or popular place for drinks?

Le Carré is/was a restaurant in the open space next to Hermès, Le Space gallery, and Louis Vuitton. The original Le Carré was created and owned by Franck Mathevet, known by many from his former restaurant Wall House, and was very successful. We dined there often, as did many others here. After Franck sold the restaurant, it went through a number of less successful iterations, under various names. I think that the present restaurant is called Carré, but it may be Le Carré. I havent tried it. I wish them the best, but it will be a challenge to match Franck’s enthusiasm, creativity, and the team that he led. (Years later, I’m still Jonesing for Grenouillettes.)

That open air space has been a lot of things, Kevin might remember better but I think it started as a sushi place, maybe l'Iguane, then Caviar Island, then Le Carré, then 88, then the one with the odd name, then La Boheme or something to do with Tropical Hotel and now a new iteration of Le Carré, as noted with a new owner.. So far Franck was the winner for a success there..

Ellen, 88, I think with a Greek menu, was before Franck’s Le Carré. The odd name came after. It escapes me at the moment, but I’ll think of it.

The conversation about successful vs. unsuccessful restauranteurs who have operated in the same location is one for another day. At home, I can tell stories, both good and bad.