HOUSE OF ENDLESS WATERS by Emuna Elon

amyb

Senior Insider
Set in Amsterdam, it is the story of a modern day popular and successful Israelis author who had made a deathbed promise to his Mother that he will never go to Amsterdam , the city she fled from with him when he was an infant.

I am enjoying this newly published saga.

Set in Amsterdam, it is the story of a modern day popular and successful Israelis author who had made a deathbed promise to his Mother that he will never go to Amsterdam , the city she fled from with him when he was an infant.

I am enjoying this newly published saga.

Sounds wonderful, Amy , , . cannot wait for further review installments from you!

Lots of people in Holland thought that the Germans would never do to the Dutch what they were doing in other places. wrong, as they rounded up the Jews, took over their homes and businesses, stole their art and valuables, and carted them to camps too.Boy were they naive.Hitler was on a roll and for so long nothing stood in his way.

Good storyline

A good story from start to finish. A mother’s love, the love of family and the hope offered by the State of Israel are just a few high narrative points.

If you are isolating and enjoy a well written book, this story of today and days in WWII Europe is for you.

Just finished House of Endless Waters and loved it. Very haunting and well written. Would love more historical fiction book recommendations like this and during this same period.

The Tattooist of Auschwitz, 999, and The Book of Lost Names are 3 more I have recently read.

Thanks for the recommendations! I did read The Tattooist of Aushwitz, great book. I will check out these other two once I have finished The Cellist of Sarajevo which I just started based on recommendations on this section of sbhonline. What a great resource for book recommendations. Not sure where I came across The Convert, but I do recommend that book. Does not take place during same historical period as these above but great historical fiction nevertheless. One of my favorite (although a devastating storyline) reads this summer.

Due to many inquiries and much demand to know more about another character in that book, author Heather Morris wrote a sequel, CILKA'S JOURNEY. Hope you get to read that one too, krand1