Memory Lane Cards

le_reve

Senior Insider
We recently sold our home and are trying to move out after almost 20 years - and you know, you always find fun stuff when going through all your things after that long.

My husband and I honeymooned on SBH in July 2004, our first time on the island. I kept all these cards from some of the restaurants and places we went to... it looks like La Crêperie is the only place still open. We stayed at Carl Gustaf.

Thought it would be fun to share.

Q

IMG_8373.JPG

Great memories! We have a collection of these cards too - some are framed, these cares often kept our kids busy at dinners. We even have business cards from our first visit,
from Constant Gumbs, our cab driver and from Chez Francine, our first SBH meal. Now that I have time on my hands, I'll have to see where we threw them.
Hope everyone is doing well, stay safe!

We glue the cards to a place-mat-sized piece of cardboard/paper, make a color copy of that, and have the copy laminated at Staples. It then becomes a place-mat. They don't last forever, but they do brighten up a winter morning.

We glue the cards to a place-mat-sized piece of cardboard/paper, make a color copy of that, and have the copy laminated at Staples. It then becomes a place-mat. They don't last forever, but they do brighten up a winter morning.
Awesome idea, Kevin!

We have collected various cards and match covers over many years of travel.....years back we built a bar in our shore home and had them laminated onto our bar top...great conversation piece...

Wow, on our first visit in 1984, Constant Gumbs was our taxi driver and he dropped us at Chez Francine for our first St Barth lunch. We have his card as well. What a lovely , shared memory.