Thoughts on November?

Carfell36

SBH Member
Good morning! So unfortunately we are having to postpone our wedding from June to September. Happy Villa is being very accommodating and said we are able to rebook as long as it’s before December 14, 2020. My fiancé isn’t able to take a week off in September due to work, so we’re looking at November for our honeymoon. Any thoughts on St. Barths in November? I know it won’t be the same as June, but any thoughts/ opinions are welcome. Thank you!!

Anita and I have been going in November for many years. It is a great time to be on the Island, in my humble opinion. Especially fun the past several during the Gourmet Food Festival. Excellent French chefs collaborating with Island chefs.

You definitely prefer November over September in St Barth.. September is the height of hurricane season and everything is closed. November is the start of the season, a lovely time on the island.

Any time you celebrate a marriage is a good time! We like being here in November as the island wakes up and shops and restaurants open and familiar faces are smiling..happy to have had their vacations and happy to see the return of tourism on which so many depend.

We have visited during the Thanksgiving week (RIP Emeraude Plage) several times. It's a great time on the Island. Restaurants and stores all open. After rescheduling our March 2020 trip to March 2021, we are now waiting on villa to approve dates for this mid-November. Fingers crossed and wow what a treat to have TWO trips planned instead on just one!

We went last November and it was great - sunny every day, a few rain showers at night and manageable crowds.

However, I will caveat that by saying it wasn't so great on the waistline. 10 days on SBH turned into Thanksgiving, then holiday parties, Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm still trying to get rid of the extra pounds! :tongue:

Great attitude. Knowing you are coming back can be a natural,high.

Amy, I am grateful that we are going to be able to do a November trip. We were supposed to have arrived on island tomorrow and even a week ago we still thought we would be on that plane. It is astonishing how fast things went down this week and yet, I feel it has been the longest week of my life. Enjoy your time on the island, stay safe and healthy, and maybe I will run into you and Phil next year at Les Bananiers again! Or maybe even in November ;).

We went last November and it was great - sunny every day, a few rain showers at night and manageable crowds.

However, I will caveat that by saying it wasn't so great on the waistline. 10 days on SBH turned into Thanksgiving, then holiday parties, Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm still trying to get rid of the extra pounds! :tongue:

I feel ya, brah.

I picked up at least 8lbs over the 10 days we spent for Thanksgiving and my 60th.

Got back...holidays!

Then my knee got worse so I had to cut back on OrangeTheory.

Then knee surgery in Feb.

I just started back to OT last Saturday then they shut down on Tuesday.

Imagetfat!

Most of our 20+ SBH vacations took place beginning the Monday of Thanksgiving week, wonderful time to be on the island, shops getting ready & decorating for the holiday season. Always great dining & shopping.

We normally travel in May however Cheryl surprised me on my birthday in November 87 with a trip. Wonderful, even though the water was not as warm. Small price to pay for paradise

89837907_2929509970438978_4375834447782608896_n.jpg

We've been in mid-November, June and early August. Mid-November was great and I felt like a very savvy bargain hunter knowing that our villa tripled in cost two weeks after we left, lol. Our first November trip had beautiful sunshine every day punctuated by overnight rain on the metal roof of the villa. The next November trip featured two days lost to rain...luck of the draw, I suppose. Still, though, mid-November might be my favorite. That first trip was our honeymoon.

June and August both seemed quieter. Of course, August is hurricane season. We experienced a tropical wave while there that washed out a day, but that's certainly lucky compared to what could happen during that time period.