Quiet here in Flamands

didier

Senior Insider
To say that I miss the rat tat tat machine would be a stretch, but I do. It would mean life is breezing along as usual

I miss the sound of the children playing in the surf late in the afternoons on flamands beach. their screams of joy as the waves hit them

I am hoping this lock down will be a distant memory soon, the same way hurricane Irma already is. As bad as Irma was, being in the hurricane and the awful aftermath, this somehow seems worse. I always knew that after Irma I could leave the island and there might be some relief from the stress elsewhere, as in the states, but now they are in the same " boat" as us.

If you can imagine for a moment being in a gilded cage that is so beautiful, but you cannot touch it or enjoy it, you can only be there.

a pic from when we did the chauvette hike a few years ago. water was rising, but fun.

3778_1106111846954_6885047_n.jpg

I am grateful for the silence of the machinery for now, but agree that this is all very strange, and hope after two weeks we will be liberated...

Hoping everyone on the island, and everywhere else for that matter, can stay strong, healthy, and get through this unprecedented mess. I understand how difficult it must be, Diana, to be living in paradise but not being able to walk through the sand and swim in the beautiful waters. Torture, I’m sure.

A little bunching as people lineup at the markets for their turn to enter and shop.that looks less than the six feet of space between persons that is recommended. Lots of patience and civility and the same at the pharmacy this morning.

To say that I miss the rat tat tat machine would be a stretch, but I do. It would mean life is breezing along as usual...I am hoping this lock down will be a distant memory soon...a pic from when we did the chauvette hike a few years ago. water was rising, but fun.

No disrespect to Dr. Fauci, but this is the Doc we need now:
IMG_7751.jpeg