Cancelling Trip

We just cancelled our April trip yesterday. Sooo sad. 15+ years. Villa owner was super kind and understanding. We may try to visit some time before next April. SBC gave us a 100% credit that we can use through April 2021, just like they did with Hurricane Irma. American let us cancel and redeposit miles for free. FYI, we just cancelled a trip to Osaka and Taiwan for July, and as of TODAY, United will let you cancel for free.

sxmbeachlover - how did you contact SBC? I emailed them a few days ago regarding our April 1 and 8 flights and did not hear back yet. I wanted to give them a few days before I followed up but it would be good to know how you reached them. Our villa is canceled. AA credit for future flight. TopLoc prepaid credit for future trip. Not sure yet when that trip will be...

TJH
I received an email from Alexandra @ SBC, she indicated they were slammed and takes a few days sometimes to receive a reply.

Tiffany,
I am so disappointed we will not meetin April. It has been a long time coming. When is your November trip, hopefully, will coincide with our November 7-16

We also just cancelled our May 1 trip for 6 weeks�� The villa agency rebooked is for next year same time. We have not dealt with the airlines yet. We had to cancel our trip to our home in Mexico - which was March 20. Received full credits from airlines.
We are deeply aware of the current situations globally, but keeping social distance globally will help us all in the long run. When things settle a bit, we may sneak in a visit to st Bart’s - help with their economy and our mental health. We are under a lockdown in southport nc - not a bad place to have to “stay in place.” Please be safe and healthy no matter where you are.����

sxmbeachlover - how did you contact SBC? I emailed them a few days ago regarding our April 1 and 8 flights and did not hear back yet. I wanted to give them a few days before I followed up but it would be good to know how you reached them. Our villa is canceled. AA credit for future flight. TopLoc prepaid credit for future trip. Not sure yet when that trip will be...
By email, on their website. SBC got back to us in 2 days. They have always been super reliable. In the past, and I believe currently, if you cancel with them you can get an immediate 80% refund, or a year to use 100% of the credit. It is also worthwhile to point out that SBC's credit extends out 12 months from the time of your original travel dates. United Airlines, on the other hand, will only extend your credit to 12 months from when you purchased the ticket! That stinks for us regarding our trip to Palm Springs trip (Indian Wells Tennis Tournament) which was supposed to be a few weeks ago. Because we TICKETED in Feb, we can't use the credit for the tournament next year!!!! United needs to FIX THIS.

Thanks dadto6 and sxmbeachlover - I'll try again tomorrow if I don't hear back today. Our flight there was supposed to be in just two days so I wanted to make sure that we communicate before then. I purposely waited to contact them until last week because I figured they'd be busy. We have many happy memories traveling with them and receiving superb customer service (above and beyond) as I know many of you have. Looking forward to being on that little plane sometime in the not-so-distant future...

We moved our April trip to June thinking we would be safe...not looking so good now...most likely will move it again to early November....most important thing is we all stay home and safe till this is over and we can hug our loved ones again.

I sent an email to them. It took a week for them to respond. They gave a full credit to be used within 1 year. My flights were April 16 and May 7.

We have reservations the last week of August. Starting to wonder if we should cancel at this stage.

I sent an email to them. It took a week for them to respond. They gave a full credit to be used within 1 year. My flights were April 16 and May 7.

Well, it's been a week now. Two emails and no response. We would have been on a flight this afternoon. I guess I'll just sit tight and know that they'll get to us eventually.

With great sadness, we cancelled our May trip to SBH. We had been coming for 8 years and count the days until the next trip. Our villa owner was kind enough to give us the same dates in 2021. 400 days and counting...... Be safe out there, SBH friends!

We just pushed out our May trip, 5/13 to 5/23, to 7/21 to 7/31. Praying hard we will be able to travel by then. If we need reschedule again, we will just push it out until 2021. Remaining optimistic!

We just pushed out our May trip, 5/13 to 5/23, to 7/21 to 7/31. Praying hard we will be able to travel by then. If we need reschedule again, we will just push it out until 2021. Remaining optimistic!

I know that there's not a "bad" time to be on SBH, but I'll say that I particularly like July . . . very relaxing.

July was our time to spend a month at EMM--it was heavenly. Here's to summer on St Barths!!

Glad to hear your positive comments on a July trip, Dennis and Amy. We’ve been on island in the early part of July about 20 years ago or so when the kids were younger. God willing, we will enjoy summer on St. Barths once again!