Cancelling Trip

Gail&Jeff

SBH Member
We have been coming to St. Barts for over 15 years now. This is the first time we cancelled our trip (was to arrive on Monday, March 23rd) due to the virus issue. When contacting SiBarth regarding our villa rental, they were extremely helpful and allowed us to reschedule until next year. The same for Tradewinds airline (we connect thru SJU). As disappointed as we are not coming to St. Barts this year, we are happy to report even in crisis St. Barts hospitality shines through and we are able to postpone our trip to next year without penalty or problems. Trying to hold on to next year.........:sad1:

Wonderful news. Time flies and you will be enjoying the Island and it will all be in your rear mirror.

Gail and Jeff, it is certainly painful when having to pull the plug on a long awaited trip to St. Barth, as so many folks on the Forum can attest. We have a mid-May trip scheduled this year...not sure what our outcome will be, but bracing for the worst. That being said, next year will be here before you know it and you'll be enjoying paradise once again! We always have our Forum friends to turn to for everything St. Barth in the interim.

Gayle

We too have just cancelled our upcoming trip through AA, Tradewinds, and SiBarth. They all were very understanding, and helpful. We were very thankful the villa owners let us transfer our deposit for the same time next year. We’re hoping we can return over the summer (we’ve never vacationed in the Caribbean during that time). Hopefully, things return to some state of normalcy by then, otherwise we will wait until December when we are reserved for the holidays. Extremely grateful for everyone’s updates and input.

I know it is sad. We have been summer visitors...our summer vacation was the month of July at Rosita’s EMM. We loved it. Especially when it was 105 in New a York and we had 85 to 90 here...with tropical breezes.

Just start planning until this passes.

We have rescheduled our April trip till June..no problem with airlines and villa..hoping June will be okay..if not the island will always be there...right now we worry about things here at home...

Pulled the plug today on our April 5th trip. Will sooooo miss St Barths this year but we’ll be back in 2021 and maybe for 3 weeks instead of 2 :cool: Then again, if the markets don’t bounce back...:thinking1:

So we are scheduled for May 19th. The uncertainty could make us crazy. We have been traveling to St. Barths since 1987. Got to have a sense of humor that things will certainly get better. We have overcome challenges like this before. So I am posting a song that I recorded in Port Washington a few days ago for my karate students. Don’t worry be happy!

ouch I just checked and my video did not post. Geez I am the biggest dork. Please help. How do I post a video from my photo album?

Our 23 year streak came to a sad end today☹️ While it’s been a great run and there will be others, We have a worldwide threat that needs to be brought under control. Doing anything I can to help (within reason) is going to be my main focus in the coming months. Our villa owner was happy to roll over our 100% payment for 12 months. Haven’t contacted Delta or SBC

Our 23 year streak came to a sad end today☹️ While it’s been a great run and there will be others, We have a worldwide threat that needs to be brought under control. Doing anything I can to help (within reason) is going to be my main focus in the coming months. Our villa owner was happy to roll over our 100% payment for 12 months. Haven’t contacted Delta or SBC

I cancelled my flight with Delta and even though they normally won't allow an international flight to be cancelled online, I kept trying anyway as I tried to call them and I waited 30 minutes with being on hold. I was tired of waiting on the phone, so went back online, and after the 4th try to cancel ( the site kept rejecting my cancellation request because of international travel) finally the site accepted my cancel request and gave me an open ticket to be used for future travel.

sbc was great, they emailed me and gave me a credit valid for a year.

We got great news this morning: American Airlines has refunded the full value of our two RT first class tickets PHL-SJU 3/19 - 3/28. It only took five days to see the $$$ in our account. I put in the refund request even though the refund/change policy that was in effect on 3/14 did not seem to allow for a refund, only a change to a flight that would have to take place before June 4, one year from the date of our ticket purchase. So things are in flux, that's for sure.

Jim, glad you did not give up and that you have worked out your travel woes.

This still is upsetting and remind you all not to give up. Everyone knows what is going on worldwide. Be patient with these travel reps who are going their best with the flood of tasks they have to handle. This is a new disaster/crisis that is being dealt with worldwide.

Stay safe folks. Be smart. Read a book, do a 1000 piece puzzle...keep social distances and try to be kind.

We got great news this morning: American Airlines has refunded the full value of our two RT first class tickets PHL-SJU 3/19 - 3/28. It only took five days to see the $$$ in our account. I put in the refund request even though the refund/change policy that was in effect on 3/14 did not seem to allow for a refund, only a change to a flight that would have to take place before June 4, one year from the date of our ticket purchase. So things are in flux, that's for sure.

Yes Great news Jim. Will check my AA today to see if refund put thru as promised.

I know it is sad. We have been summer visitors...our summer vacation was the month of July at Rosita’s EMM. We loved it. Especially when it was 105 in New a York and we had 85 to 90 here...with tropical breezes.

Just start planning until this passes.

Yes Amy!
That's why we are summer visitors from St. Louis too.

We just cancelled our April trip yesterday. Sooo sad. 15+ years. Villa owner was super kind and understanding. We may try to visit some time before next April. SBC gave us a 100% credit that we can use through April 2021, just like they did with Hurricane Irma. American let us cancel and redeposit miles for free. FYI, we just cancelled a trip to Osaka and Taiwan for July, and as of TODAY, United will let you cancel for free.

I just checked my April 25th flight from Washington Dulles to San Juan. Does not appear to be showing any longer. I have not received an email from United regarding the flight. Still shows return flight from San Juan to Washington Dulles on May 4th on their website.