Guadeloupe not happy with sbh & sxm

didier

Senior Insider
saw this morning.

89737856_10158346362203103_2938254394971389952_n.jpg

My recollection is that SBH has historically not been happy with Guadeloupe either. SBH and SXM did not make the decision to keep their schools open on their own. The decision was made in conjunction with the Prefect, who is La Metropole’s representative. Right or wrong, it was a joint decision, not SBH and SXM defying the President’s decree.

Here, many communities have closed their schools, but the city of Boston has not. I see both sides, “flatten the curve” vs. daycare and feeding kids who get two meals a day from the school system. It’s a tough call.

I have just been informed that Boston schools will now be closed. Again, tough call.

I saw on facebook that several people have taken upon themselves to help any children who count on the schools in baltimore for their breakfast lunch needs. they are offering to bring milk ,cereral & pb&j sandwiches to anyone that contacts them free of charge. a very noble gesture.

The French PM just ordered all non-essential commercial entities receiving the public remain closed till further notice. Not certain if order applies only to Metropolitan France???

This just posted on Facebook from Le Journal de Saint Barth.

�� coronavirus: Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announces the closure of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, clubs, "all shops that are not essential", in France. We are waiting to know if this measure will be refused in St. Barth.

Phil

This just in:
�� Coronavirus : les mesures annoncées par le Premier ministre Édouard Philippe aujourd’hui, sur la fermeture de tous les commerces non indispensables, ne s’appliquent à ce jour qu’en France Hexagonale, selon les mots de la préfète des Îles du Nord, interrogée par nos confrères du Pélican.

Toutefois une réunion se tiendra demain matin avec Annick Girardin, ministre des Outre-Mer, et les préfets des territoires ultramarins, pour décliner au cas par cas ces mesures de protection contre le Covid-19.

the closures announced by the PM only apply at this point for the Metropole.
however, a meeting will be held tomorrow with territorial authorities to decide their fate case by case.

standy by for further ...

For those of you on Island, thank you so much for all this info. I have come to rely on it. We are supposed to arrive this upcoming Saturday and I know this week is going to be a roller coaster in term of news flow and further disruptions. We are so sad about the cancellation of the Bucket. Not for ourselves, for the businesses that will be effected. Fingers crossed that we are on that plane and it actually goes!

Shellona has this message on their Facebook today...In accordance with French sanitary measures, Shellona will remain closed until further notice. Thank you all for your understanding.

what happens to all the seasonal workers if the hotels have many cancellations and the restaurants close?

what happens to all the seasonal workers if the hotels have many cancellations and the restaurants close?

the workers rely on tips, and the rents are high here. so unless the restaurant is compensating them to stay, they will be gone and most likely not back this season.

Coronavirus :
Nouveau changement de programme à l’issue de la réunion des autorités tenue ce dimanche matin.
A Saint-Barthelemy aussi, les écoles seront fermées dès ce lundi 16 mars.

Mise à jour sur les commerces :
Pour les commerces non-essentiels la décision d’appliquer ou non une dérogation à Saint-Barthelemy n’a pas encore été prise par la préfecture. Néanmoins la Collectivité a pris les devants en demandant aux établissements de fermer, conformément à l’arrêté gouvernemental.

Whoa! The COM asks all non-essential commerces to remain closed in conformity with French PM’s order.