broadway shows suspended for 30 days nyc

With direct cc purchases, I am told (from the box office) there will be an automatic refund to your account. I believe that is also true for tele charge tickets (although probably not including fees).

Some have recommended supporting the Theaters and the Arts by just "eating" tickets for cancelled shows. I have no tickets, and have no opinion.

Arts 1.jpg

Some of the tickets are very, very expensive and talks of "bail outs" are being kicked around. I went to 2 shows in the last 3 months and usually go to a couple every year. For me, donating the money wouldn't be an option (could be hundreds of dollars) but certainly coming back and going once they open back up would be a great way to show support. just my two cents

Some have recommended supporting the Theaters and the Arts by just "eating" tickets for cancelled shows. I have no tickets, and have no opinion.

View attachment 51851

I disagree with donating to the theatre's, for a simple reason. If ticket prices were reasonable, then I would agree, but they are not. the ticket prices now are so high, that the common man cannot even enjoy them like they used to be able to in years gone by. Why should only the upper middle class be able to see these performances?

Bring prices back to a normal figure like they were in years past, then people would go all out to support them

In the sixties broadway shows prices were between 5 and 9 dollars a ticket, in today's prices that would be between 45 to 79 dollars per tickets adjusted for inflation. Broadway tickets have gone overboard and over the top. when I wanted to see Hamilton, a ticket for a so so seat was 850 dollars, and it was not even a good seat.