trump bans travel from europe for 30 days

didier

Senior Insider
I wonder if that means that if someone travels to mainland france and they come back to st. barths, will that person not be allowed to enter the usa from the caribbean? cannot figure how this would work.

I am having second thoughts about traveling from st. barths to the usa the end of march, because who knows if more places will be banned by then. a good thing that airlines are being flexible.

I wonder if that means that if someone travels to mainland france and they come back to st. barths, will that person not be allowed to enter the usa from the caribbean? cannot figure how this would work.

I bet immigration in the US won’t let you in once they look at your passport.

We're watching this closely as we've got an early April trip planned to SBH...we're not in a high-risk group, but obviously want to do the right thing. In the meantime, we're dealing with arrangements for our college senior's potential return home from school in PA if the rest of the semester is moved to online (already through April 5th, but seems likely to be extended, and then perhaps not having a graduation ceremony). For the April SBH trip, we've now got to consider the travel ban as well as the health issue. Feeling a little blue this morning...

We are in the same situation...have to get son back from UVA to do online classes at home. Our trip to SBH is 4/28 so we’re going to watch the evolution of this for a few more weeks before making a change. Our daughter is supposed to do a French exchange program in May that will most likely get canceled. We may end up doing a summer St Barts vacay with the kids if that’s more prudent and this thing is over.

I am having second thoughts about traveling from st. barths to the usa the end of march, because who knows if more places will be banned by then. a good thing that airlines are being flexible.

Ban as explained in the Guardian includes this, which may be the part of interest to you:

"The restrictions will cover 'most foreign nationals' who have been in any of the Schengen zone countries 'any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the US', the DHS says. The ban does not apply to US citizens returning home, nor to foreign nationals who are legal permanent residents of the the US."

Or as stated here:
IMG_7714.jpeg

(More can be found in the Guardian article.Schengen zone as it pertains to France and St Barth found here)

Looking ahead a month, the surge in the US is just beginning... how it will peak, we shall see...

Ban as explained in the Guardian includes this, which may be the part of interest to you:

"The restrictions will cover 'most foreign nationals' who have been in any of the Schengen zone countries 'any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the US', the DHS says. The ban does not apply to US citizens returning home, nor to foreign nationals who are legal permanent residents of the the US."

Or as stated here:
View attachment 51842

(More can be found in the Guardian article.Schengen zone as it pertains to France and St Barth found here)

Looking ahead a month, the surge in the US is just beginning... how it will peak, we shall see...

Thanks, Izzy.

thanks Izzy. I have decided definitely not to visit the usa right now. I will see how this whole thing plays out while enjoying the island. Who knows which countries will be banned tomorrow. I understand that sxm has some restrictions also now.

Debd - you and others who have been following this closely may find reviews (introduction and discussion sections are intelligible even if other sections aren't) of travel bans in influenza and in non-influenza viral infections interesting... and a bit of a reality check about what can be achieved - at this point, any blunting of the epidemic curve is good but the risk is this ban can be perceived as more effective a measure than is reasonable to expect...

Diana - I always think staying in St Barth is preferable... maybe, I would get over that if I were a resident, maybe not...

Hi Tiffany,
We will have to finally get together. Anita and I next trip, as a couple, to SBH is 4/25

Debd - you and others who have been following this closely may find reviews (introduction and discussion sections are intelligible even if other sections aren't) of travel bans in influenza and in non-influenza viral infections interesting... and a bit of a reality check about what can be achieved - at this point, any blunting of the epidemic curve is good but the risk is this ban can be perceived as more effective a measure than is reasonable to expect...

Yuh, lot of eye opening data out there.

In Fairfield County, where I live, a dozen or so school systems have closed "until further notice."

And then this just came through, from a friend. "A family member just came back from a 45-day cruise (Australia, Thailand, S. Africa, etc.). I figured they would have a hell of a time in customs. NOT. ONE. QUESTION. about their health, or what they were bringing back. NO temp taken. NOTHING. They breezed right on through."

Now that worries me!

Our kids had no trouble and no questions asked of them this past Sunday at JFK.

Hi Tiffany,
We will have to finally get together. Anita and I next trip, as a couple, to SBH is 4/25
Awesome! I’m praying we will still be able to come. Got word this afternoon that our daughter’s school has closed for now and will be doing online instruction. I don’t like all of this.

Yuh, lot of eye opening data out there.

In Fairfield County, where I live, a dozen or so school systems have closed "until further notice."

And then this just came through, from a friend. "A family member just came back from a 45-day cruise (Australia, Thailand, S. Africa, etc.). I figured they would have a hell of a time in customs. NOT. ONE. QUESTION. about their health, or what they were bringing back. NO temp taken. NOTHING. They breezed right on through."
And Greenwich hospital now had it's first positive test and then released said patient back home to NY

And Greenwich hospital now had it's first positive test and then released said patient back home to NY

I suspect that it is more of a "you're not sick enough to be admitted, so self-quarantine at home" rather than a GOMER (Get Out Of My Emergency Room).

I suspect that it is more of a "you're not sick enough to be admitted, so self-quarantine at home" rather than a GOMER (Get Out Of My Emergency Room).

GOMER is going to another level - stay out of my ER (needs a catchy acronym).

Drive-through testing is being used at some sites (e.g., Brigham in your area) and will likely increase as demand and, hopefully, supply increase... reduces exposure for health care workers and ER patients...

Drive-through testing is being used at some sites (e.g., Brigham in your area) and will likely increase as demand and, hopefully, supply increase... reduces exposure for health care workers and ER patients...

It’s now available in CT and Colorado.