SBH-Related Coronavirus Information

There is real excitement here at home that certain anti-malarial drugs may prove to be of benefit in treating COVID-19 patients, and perhaps offer prophylaxis as well. World maps show strikingly low levels of the viral infection in countries with endemic malaria, where many of the populace have taken or continue to take these drugs. Controlled trials as well as off-label use are now going on.
WIth the low incidence of COVID-19 infection in SBH, perhaps a controlled trial of Vanilla Rhum should be considered? I think I might start that trial just now.

Had rhum relief last night..Malibu and pineapple juice. Very calming in these trying times.

There is real excitement here at home that certain anti-malarial drugs may prove to be of benefit in treating COVID-19 patients, and perhaps offer prophylaxis as well. World maps show strikingly low levels of the viral infection in countries with endemic malaria, where many of the populace have taken or continue to take these drugs. Controlled trials as well as off-label use are now going on.
WIth the low incidence of COVID-19 infection in SBH, perhaps a controlled trial of Vanilla Rhum should be considered? I think I might start that trial just now.

rhum might work better: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fau...ps-declaration-malaria-drug/story?id=69716324

Here is the March 21 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

New, a third new case on St Martin. One patient is confined at home, one is in the French-side hospital, and one has been evacuated to Guadeloupe for pregnancy monitoring.
Still 2 confirmed cases on St Barth, confined at home.

CF2F5550-AABC-4C8B-9FE1-FAADC532E372.jpeg

[FONT=&quot]From: St Bartholomew's Anglican Church <info.stbartholomews@gmail.com>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To: Info St Barts <info.stbartholomews@gmail.com>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 04:27:12 PM EDT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subject: St Bartholomew's Anglican Church - Corona update #1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear Friends

Right now Saint Barts has an eerie feeling and it’s quite close to how it felt on the days post Hurricane Irma. The island has been on shutdown for several days with all shops, bars and restaurants closed - except for supermarkets and pharmacies, plus the odd takeaway. There is very little traffic and it is the relative quietness which most reminds me of the period post Irma. But it is also the small smiles and nods when passing someone in the car or exercising on the side of the road which signals that we are all in this together … and rooting for each other.

Also the difference this time is that we’re not all scurrying around to make repairs and tidy up ahead of the next hurricane, but our concerns are to avoid ourselves, and our friends and loved ones, catching or transmitting the virus.

Just a few days after the island went on lock down Father Steve Huber, who was our visiting priest for March, decided that it was best to return to United States and he is now back in California. Fortunately for us on island, Father Charlie has remained here – and he has made it known that we will all have his ministry available to us.

During this shutdown we will not be holding any church services or weekday groups, but we have decided to use social media to keep in touch – by uploading videos of our Sunday Service; as well as the Taizé service on Tuesdays and for the meditation group.

The Sunday Service video will be posted on YouTube on Sunday at 9am EDT/island time – there is a link to our channel below. Remember, just like going to church, you won’t be able to watch the service before that time! The whole service is made of up 4 separate videos - Introduction & Gospel, Sermon, Prayers and Communion.

After you have had chance to watch the video (it’s approx. 30 mins long as no music this week!) at 9.30am I will try an experiment for a ‘virtualfellowship time using ZOOM – mimicking what we usually do after the service! This will be available for anyone to join online with your webcam using your usual internet browser; on your mobile phone using the Zoom App; or by just calling a Zoom US telephone number on a normal telephone line and entering the meeting number - 9713397133! I hope that you will find it straightforward – see the details below.

We pray that the world will come together to defeat this virus and allow all our lives to return to normal. Our prayers are especially for all those affected by the virus; those who have died; the patients who have contracted the virus; those who may have lost their jobs; and particularly the health care workers We will also continue to keep all of you in our congregation, both on the island and afar, in our thoughts and prayers.

Do note the church and island still look serene and beautiful and will remain so – awaiting your next visit when we have conquered this.

Warm regards
Philip
--
Philip Trangmar
Parish Administrator
+590 (0)690 54 17 99

1. YouTube Channel: St Bartholomew's Anglican Church, St Barts

www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OdHPcmyT1NvhguewkU85g

(please note that this is our first attempt, so bear with us ... the editing and sound will get better!)

2. Saint Barts Anglican Church is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: St Barts Church – Post Service Fellowship
Time: Mar 22, 2020 09:30 AM America/St_Barthelemy
How to Join the Zoom Meeting …
Via the internet: https://zoom.us/j/9713397133
Via the Zoom App: Meeting ID: 97133 97133
Via your telephone : Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 97133 97133

[/FONT]

The 18:00 mandatory closing time for those businesses which are permitted to be open, announced by the Prefecture earlier today, does not apply to St Barth. Yet.

Closing Time 2.JPG

Here is the March 23 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

New, 2 new cases on St Martin, for a total of 8, including 2 who have recovered. 4 patients are listed as hospitalized, and 2 are listed as confined at home.

The table in the attached documents shows 4 hospitalized on St Martin, and mentions 1 evacuated to Guadeloupe. The only way that I can get the numbers to add to 8 is to include the evacuated patient in the count of 4 hospitalized on St Martin.

ARS Point 19.jpg

here is the link to the form Andy posted:
http://www.outre-mer.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/note_passagers_outre-mer_vdef.pdf

not sure it applies to anyone on the forum, but it basically says if you want to fly to any of the French islands from metropolitan France, who need written proof of:
1. a family emergency or a death in the family;
2. a medical reason;
3. work that cannot be postponed with declaration from employer.

sealed off from the outside world...

View attachment attestation-deplacement-fr.pdf

attestation-deplacement-fr.jpg

CERTIFICATE OF DEROGATORY MOVEMENT

In application of article 3 of the decree of 23 March 2020 prescribing the general measures necessary to deal with the Covid epidemic19 in the context of the state of health emergency

I, Ms. / M. :
Born :
AT:
Remaining:
certify that my trip is related to the following reason (tick the box) authorized by article 3 of the decree of March 23, 2020 prescribing the general measures necessary to deal with the Covid epidemic19 in the context of the state of emergency sanitary1:

:check1:Travel between the home and the place of exercise of the professional activity, when they are essential for the exercise of activities which cannot be organized in the form of telework or professional displacements which cannot be deferred2.

:check1:Travel to purchase supplies necessary for professional activity and purchases of basic necessities3 in establishments whose activities remain authorized (list on government.fr).

:check1:Consultations and care that cannot be provided remotely and that cannot be deferred; consultations and care of patients with a long-term condition.

:check1:Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable people or childcare.

:check1:Brief trips, within the limit of one hour daily and within a maximum radius of one kilometer around the home, linked either to the individual physical activity of the people, to the exclusion of any collective sporting practice and any proximity to d 'other people, either walking with the only people in the same home, or the needs of pets.

:check1:Judicial or administrative summons.

:check1:participation in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority.

Made in :
On: àh
(Date and time of start of outing must be mentioned)
Signature:

1 Persons wishing to benefit from one of these exceptions must have, when necessary, when traveling outside their home, a document enabling them to prove that the trip in question falls within the scope of the one of these exceptions.

2 To be used by self-employed workers, when they cannot have proof of travel established by their employer.

3 Including free acquisitions (distribution of foodstuffs ...) and travel related to the receipt of social benefits and the withdrawal of cash.

Phil, if you still have a printed stock of the previous version, you can still use it, you just need to add the time on it.
(as according to the new rule, we're supposed to be out for one hour).

Phil, if you still have a printed stock of the previous version, you can still use it, you just need to add the time on it.
(as according to the new rule, we're supposed to be out for one hour).

Thank you Laurent. Of course, I already printed out the new one. BTW, I haven't been stopped yet, but I've heard there will soon be more check points. That's fine with me, and only helps to make us feel safer.

Phil

Here is the March 25 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

New, 3 new cases on St Martin, for a total of 11, including 2 who have recovered. 5 patients are listed as hospitalized (including the 1 transferred to Guadeloupe), and 4 are listed as confined at home.

Point Sainitaire 20200325.jpg

sorry to see that number rising in St Martin, but a lot of people have arrived there from France in the past week. Many fewer here...

Here is the March 26 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

New, 1 new case on St Martin, for a total of 12, including 2 who have recovered. 6 patients are listed as hospitalized (including the 1 transferred to Guadeloupe, plus 1 other “repatriated” to his country of origin), and 4 are listed as confined at home.

New, 2 new cases on St Barth, for a total of 5, including 1 who has recovered. 4 patients are listed as confined at home.

AE95E630-E76F-4096-8990-B4CF929BA604.jpg