SBH-Related Coronavirus Information

better safe than sorry... interestingly when we arrived in Guadeloupe and then SBH from France yesterday no one asked us where we had been or where we were coming from... I guess they figured Guadeloupe is not a danger zone when we arrived here and Guadeloupe knew the plane came from France...

The decision to close schools in St Martin and St Barthelemy has been reversed.

B13B1D0F-7EDA-4254-9ADA-22F6CE9F9F38.jpeg

Update - Still 1 confirmed case on SBH, isolated at home. The patient has now tested negative, but a second test is required.

Still 1 confirmed case on St Martin, in the French-side hospital.
Still 1 confirmed case on St Martin, in the French-side hospital, is listed as Recovered.
Still "contacts" have tested negative.

no cruise ships will definitely be a blow to the economy here, yikes. however I think its a wise decision.

Sorry El Jefe. I should have said, “I wonder if Caribbean countries will restrict travel from the U.S. like some Central and South American countries have done recently”.

SBH related?

In context, I took this to mean that fate is still being tempted with tourists allowed entry by other means (plane, ferry, private boat, et.). Along those lines, an ARS official was quoted in Le Journal saying:

"But you have to be realistic; Given the development of Covid-19 around the world, we can expect new cases, probably imported."

Aside #1. To my knowledge, regarding the post about Central America, only El Salvador has completely blocked US citizens (along with all other foreigners) entry. I have not followed events in that region closely, however.

Aside #2, As long as discussion/comments get posted in this thread, Fonzie may be tempted to come by... as you suggested in post #2...

Sorry El Jefe. I should have said, “I wonder if Caribbean countries will restrict travel from the U.S. like some Central and South American countries have done recently”.
I hadn't heard about the ban from CA Countries, but that is pertinent and a great discussion point (even if for a different thread?). I think it becomes a ripple effect as Countries talk about banning travel. If it starts to happen in Central America it certainly could spread to the Caribbean (including SBH) and vice versa. Perhaps St Barth banning cruise ships is step one towards that. There is of course a big difference between people who come via cruise ship and walk around and then go back to a densely populated cruise ship for the night as compared to a private Villa, so hopefully not for those that are flying to from the US for visits to St Barth in the next month or two. It is going to be interesting how and where these bans take effect.

In context, I took this to mean that fate is still being tempted with tourists allowed entry by other means (plane, ferry, private boat, et.). Along those lines, an ARS official was quoted in Le Journal saying:

"But you have to be realistic; Given the development of Covid-19 around the world, we can expect new cases, probably imported."

Aside #1. To my knowledge, regarding the post about Central America, only El Salvador has completely blocked US citizens (along with all other foreigners) entry. I have not followed events in that region closely, however.

Aside #2, As long as discussion/comments get posted in this thread, Fonzie may be tempted to come by... as you suggested in post #2...

Argentina (South America), as well as Guatemala and El Salvador are now blocking U.S. citizens...or at least flights that originate in the U.S. I had a fishing trip scheduled to Guatemala prior to my scheduled mid-April arrival in St. Barths.

1 confirmed case on SBH, isolated at home. The patient has now tested negative twice, and is considered cured.
1 confirmed case on St Martin, in the French-side hospital has now tested negative once, but a second test is required. The other St Martin patient is considered cured.
2 new cases on SBH, isolated at home. They returned from a cruise.

99E87A01-7A98-44A0-9AE3-1BAF7C67C314.jpeg

After further discussion between officials in La Metropole and several overseas territories, a decision has been made to close the schools on St Martin and St Barth, as well as St Pierre et Miquelon, and Mayotte.

Schools 1.jpg