SBH-Related Coronavirus Information

Here is the April 13 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

There are no new cases on St Barth. Previously reported were a total of 6 cases, including 4 who have recovered. 2 patients are listed as confined at home.

There is 1 new case on St Martin, for a total of 34 cases, including 13 who have recovered, and 2 deceased. 6 patients are listed as hospitalized (including 3 transferred to Guadeloupe), 3 are listed as "repatriated", and 10 are listed as confined at home (+1).

5D269B41-7A7C-4540-AE3D-B11383AF6CFD.jpg

As of April 13 Sint Maarten is reporting a total of 52 cases, including 5 who have recovered, and 9 deceased. 3 patients (-1) are listed as hospitalized, meaning 35 are confined at home (+1).

6C2389AF-147B-490C-8EB2-9060D135FE52.jpeg

Here is the April 14 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

There are no new cases on St Barth. Previously reported were a total of 6 cases, including 4 who have recovered. 2 patients are listed as confined at home.

There is 1 new case on St Martin, for a total of 35 cases, including 13 who have recovered, and 2 deceased. 5 patients (-1) are listed as hospitalized (including 3 transferred to Guadeloupe), 3 are listed as "repatriated", and 12 are listed as confined at home (+2).

Point Sainitaire 20200414.jpg

I emailed Pres. Bruno Magras today to ask if there may be any changes to the restrictions in St. Barth in light of what Pres. Macron said. Here is his response:

"We are working on that.
I have sent a letter to the Prefet to request some adjustments.
But I haven’t get any return on that."

So, an effort continues to slowly open up St. Barth.

Here is the April 15 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

There are no new cases on St Martin. Previously reported were a total of 35 cases, including 13 who have recovered, and 2 deceased. 5 patients are listed as hospitalized (including 3 transferred to Guadeloupe), 3 are listed as "repatriated", and 12 are listed as confined at home.

Point Sainitaire 20200415.jpg

Point Sainitaire 20200415 SFG.jpg

It would be nice if the beaches would open for the residents. I miss my long walks, an hour is just a tease. too early to open the borders though.

From Le Journal's FB page, translated by Google:

Swimming and noisy gear again allowed from tomorrow
04/15/2020

The orders prohibiting swimming and the use of noisy construction equipment end this Wednesday, April 15. The Collectivity decided not to renew them, "in order to reconcile the need to maintain part of the economic activity with that of preserving correct conditions of confinement".

The use of BRH or jackhammers is only authorized from 8 a.m. to noon, Monday to Friday. Only road public works can continue from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Regarding swimming or surfing, these activities can be carried out within the framework of exit certificates. You must check the "sporting activity" box, and as with jogging, limit yourself to one hour and if possible stay close to home. The activity must be carried out alone or only with people living in the same home. "Children accompanied by a parent are tolerated as long as there is no durable installation on the beach. We bathe and dry ourselves ", specifies the Collectivity, which adds that controls will be maintained on all the beaches.

its an hour on the beach, you could bring your children but no friends. makes sense to me. no dogs allowed, I think they will enforce that rule.

what are the conditions, do you know? woo hoo!

solo swimming, no set up of towels, umbrellas, etc on the beach, swim, dry, walk, leave... kids can be accompanied by a parent, same rules. no dogs as usual ....
no groups, etc... social distancing.

also noise like jack hammers now allowed again from 8am-12noon Mon-Fri.. anyone see my earplugs?

not sure if I agree with the solo swimming, what if you get a cramp, no one to save you? it might be wiser to say no more than two persons together.

Can someone explain who is making the rules for St. Barth? Originally we were told that St. Barth follows the rules of France. Then Guadeloupe decides. Then French St. Martin decides. Then the Collectivitie decides. How much authority does the St. Barth government have over this?

As I understand it, France has the highest level authority. In descending order, the Préfet in Guadeloupe can tighten further, the Préfet for St Martin and St Barthélemy can tighten further, and the Collectivité can tighten even further. The lockdown emanates from Paris. The Préfet in Guadeloupe was the one who imposed the No-Beach order. When he recently lifted it, the Collectivité re-imposed it. Now the Collectivité has lifted it, subject to certain constraints.

:D WONDERFUL news!! 🙌🏼 Even just one hour of swimming at the beaches makes all the difference. My kids will be jumping for joy at this change. Thanks for posting!

As of April 14 Sint Maarten is reporting a total of 53 cases (+1), including 5 who have recovered, and 9 deceased. 4 patients (+1) are listed as hospitalized, meaning 35 are confined at home.

Point SXM 20200414.jpg

As of April 15 Sint Maarten is reporting a total of 57 cases (+4), including 12 who have recovered (+7), and 9 deceased. 6 patients (+2) are listed as hospitalized, meaning 30 are confined at home.

408385A2-2D07-4C24-95AD-6213F9A44155.jpeg