SBH-Related Coronavirus Information

From Le Journal on Facebook. It looks like they are going to be serious about enforcing the lockdown, and checking that people have an appropriate certificate.

enforcement.JPG

Here is the March 18 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

New, a second new case on St Martin, returned from France, and also confined at home.
Still 2 confirmed cases on St Barth, confined at home.

ARS Point 14.jpg

Here is the March 19 update from ARS Guadeloupe:

Sill 2 confirmed cases on St Martin, at the French-side hospital
Still 2 confirmed cases on St Barth, confined at home.

ARS Point 15.jpg

New restrictions in place as of today.. including no beaches or swimming in ocean... they really aren't kidding around here.

I think you can still walk on the beach, but no swimming in the ocean, or in non-single-family (public/hotel?) pools.

39101B70-F81F-4B55-8D8D-6167154C2AD6.jpeg

6CAF3B1A-65BB-4121-8946-E0870D9B0FF5.jpeg

I don't know, perhaps you can still walk on the beach, it doesn't specifically say you can't, but every day is a bit stricter in terms of the rules. They really want you to stay home. The contradiction is that construction sites can still function so those people are in close contact then go home to their families. doesn't make sense...

yes, don't understand the construction continuing. I am painting my terrace here, and being quiet. most of the larger companies have stopped this morning. a few small construction projects are doing small stuff.

I have noticed that each new day brings a new restriciton.

Lots of workers can station themselves 6 feet apart handling different issues. Depends on the skill needed and the ability to work unassisted.

nope, not buying that, when a truck full of workers goes by and they are all huddled in the back 2" from each other...

Now you are discussing transportation,not construction.

personally, I think the same confinement rules should apply to everyone... in France people are taking it all too lightly and Macron is going to extend the confinement period. How long do we want this to go on anyway?

personally, I think the same confinement rules should apply to everyone... in France people are taking it all too lightly and Macron is going to extend the confinement period. How long do we want this to go on anyway?
That’s how it is in parts of the US too. Everyone needs to do what is asked of them so this can pass sooner rather than later.

Our construction crews have not missed a single day of work thus far. Washington DC is like a ghost town, significantly reduced vehicular traffic and very little foot traffic.

We have been hunkered down in southwest Florida for the duration...so annoying to see the Spring Breakers romping around like nothing is wrong...thankfully they just closed the beaches...we all need to stay at home to stop spreading the virus..
Our fridge and bar are stocked and we are staying put...not traveling north anytime soon

There is now a complete beach ban in effect. Also banned is access to hiking trails, and bicycling or running several kilometers from your home. My impression is that the original limitations were being stretched or ignored, moreso in La Metropole than on SBH, so the leash has been shortened for all. The French government really wants people to stick close to home, and to stay physically separated.

From the Prefecture's FB Page:

Beach Ban.jpg

A hint for those who don't read French - You can use Google Translate and the camera on your phone to translate text that is in an image such as this one, and which can't be cut-and-pasted into Google Translate. Open the app, make sure that the input language is set to either French or Detect Language, and the output language is set to English. Touch the Camera icon in Google Translate, and follow the on-screen instructions. It's not perfect, and you'll have to move your phone around a bit, but it is better than nothing.

I concur Ellen. I feel happy when seeing sneeze guards protecting the checkout folks at some of the grocery stores and the 6 foot tape on the ground separating folks at take away spots and grocery stores. I don't feel like any of this is being over played right now and am happy to be here instead of the states who are way behind the SBH folks in trying to contain the virus.