Please share current thoughts/experiences regarding L’Isola

NNKcouple

SBH Member
Has anyone had recent experiences at L’Isola. I’m seeing lots of mixed reviews and I’m not sure if the information is reliable. Please let us know what you think of the quality of food and service.

One word- Outstanding!
Go when they open as it is hard to hear in there at peak dining time-7:30-9:30. They do need new chairs- we were told they are on order.

I'm waiting on some porcelain tile to be shipped from Italy. I believe Italy now has some serious problems. Today the Government locked down 60-million residents.

To answer Northern Neck Couple questions. Go to L'Isola for a fabulous dining experience.
Amy, maybe the new chairs will arrive the same time as my tiles.

We were there twice in February and the food and service were both excellent. It will be a great experience even with the old chairs :cool:

L’Isola always on our rotation...we’ve had amazing cuisine and service every time we’ve dined there. They shake a great cocktail, as well. Just GO.... you won’t be disappointed!

One of the best bartenders....they have mastered Bellinis.

I’m hooked on their French 75’s! Served in beautiful, tall crystal stemware...the best I’ve ever had. But, then, doesn’t everything taste better on St. Barth?! I’m suddenly quite thirsty!

L’Isola is a rarified experience, as long as you’re content with European-style service, which is — “how you say it?” — suave (in Italian?). That means, in my world, that the service is refined . . . gracious — nothing rushed, which is important to me. Food preparation is excellent . . . and, the ambiance is the best of dining in Rome. Never have I (or guests) had anything but very special meals at L’Isola!

That’s interesting, Dennis. We always feel like we are rushed. It’s always our only complaint. But now that we think about it, maybe it’s because my sister eats really fast. She isn’t a “diner”, like us.

Sorry to report not one of our favorites...we always felt rushed...and not a fan of dining in air conditioning while on St. Bart’s.....but it is our opinion and not meant to sway others away...On the other hand L’Isoletta we find quite delightful and go there several times a trip

The food has always arrived surprisingly fast after we order it, but never have we felt a nudge to eat or pay quickly for table turn. Nevertheless they have always seemed to be popular enough that they do have table turn each night we are there. The servers, bussers etc. work as a team; are very personal and seem to love their jobs.