Mardi Gras NOLA 2020- First time report

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
My bride and I spent six nights at the OmniRoyal Bourbon hotel. We had a 2nd floor room with a balcony overlooking Royal street. I rode the Bacchus Amore float in the Bacchus Parade and threw beads for almost 5 hours. There were 55 of us men throwing the beads, two bars each with bartenders serving us, two restrooms in a double decker float.
We went to the Gay Parade fashion contest; listened to and danced to wonderful jazz at various bars; dined at Commander’s Palace, Brennan’s, The Court of Two Sisters and attended the Bacchus Grand Gala at the Convention Center. We also threw beads from ‘The Bar’ on Bourbon Street on Fat Tuesday, dined at a wonderful brunch for the Bacchus Amore group in the Rib Room; partook in the hospitality suite at our hotel and threw more beads from our hotel balconies. We also met and made a number of new friends from around the country.
If you have never done the Mardi Gras in New Orleans and know somebody well connected to help you out with reservations etc., take advantage of it and go. We thought six nights was going to be too long of non stop fun- we were wrong!