Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WIMCO Policy on Villa Contracts

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2003 Albany, NY Posts: 2,805

Re: WIMCO Policy on Villa Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Last night while dining at Maya’s I noticed a lot less cheek kissing and more hip bumps and sole kissing..foot to foot that is.
    Looks like you’ll have to go back to the old “air kisses” Amy!

And now with SXM closing it’s doors to the USA; our April trip is not looking very good
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2008 Jackson, Mississippi Posts: 723

Anybody have an update on Wimco’s current policy?

SBH Member Joined: Jan 2011 NY, NY Posts: 199

We were supposed to have arrived this Saturday. Obviously that is not happening so we reached out to WIMCO. It is up to the villa owner to decide how to handle cancellation. We have our fingers crossed that our villa owner will let us roll our reservation over to next March. In this unprecedented event, I expect flexibility. We would have been there if it had been at all possible. So we wait and see.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2014 Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 714

Praying they are flexible. We have an April trip planned, but it is not likely to happen.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2005 flamands Posts: 4,942

I looked on airbnb and some villa owners are still advertising their villas for the dates of this lockdown. also, you would have to rent the villa for a minimum of 2 weeks after your arrival in sbh, as you would be in mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks. that means that you could not leave the villa at all.

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 2,087

We were scheduled to arrive this Saturday. We just recently took the decision to cancel our trip due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Well, frankly, France took that decision for me. I was seriously considering re-routing through San Juan and Tradewind Aviation since Princess Juliana Airport will not allow United States Citizens to pass through the airport with all American flights canceled. That has not proved a prudent option, given President Macron's lockdown mandate from last night. As much as I love St. Barts, would not be enjoyable to be confined to our Villa. Also the potential to be self quarantined for 14-days thereafter.

Thankfully, I rented through Happy Villa Rental. Guillaume and Olivia have excellent relationship with Villa Owners they represent. They reached out to the Villa Owner and secured us a postponement until March 20, 2021 arrival for the next running of the BUCKET! Yay, something positive to look forward to. Everyone's contract may vary. I am feeling blessed. St. Barts STRONG

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2013 Northern Virginia Posts: 2,087

Tiffany,
    Anita and I are scheduled to arrive April 25th for 10-days. Not to sound negative, does not look good to have significant improvements in the COVID-19 situation a mere 5-weeks from now.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2014 Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 714

Quote Originally Posted by dadto6 View Post
    Tiffany,
    Anita and I are scheduled to arrive April 25th for 10-days. Not to sound negative, does not look good to have significant improvements in the COVID-19 situation a mere 5-weeks from now.
    I know. I’m so bummed. The press conference yesterday said this could linger for the US until the summer. Who knows how that will affect flights and travel restrictions at this point. I feel so bad for St. Barts because they just recovered from Irma. Now looking forward to our November trip and hoping to get one in before then.

SBH New Member Joined: May 2012 Long Island, NY Posts: 2

We have a villabooked through WIMCO (arriving April 11th) and are exploring our options forcancelling. It seems like AA will allow flights to be cancelled with theability to rebook for a later date at no fee. As for the villa, as ofnow, we are told we can only rebook for 2020 which is unfortunate as we may notbe able to coordinate another trip for this year. WIMCO is still workingthrough details with managers and have not finalized their approach yet, atleast with our villa.

For those that have rebooked for a later date in2020, how was the price difference of the villa handled since your reservationwould move from high to low season, or potentially to the Christmas/New Yeartime frame which would probably be more expensive? We were told therewould be no price adjustment moving to the low season, but again that was notthe final decision, just preliminary guidance based on their current policies.