Coronavirus information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shihadehs
This doesn’t answer your question but we have cancelled our Scotland trip and are considering, unless the airlines decides for us, canceling our Florida trip later this week.

From health.harvard.edu re corona virus-

[h=3]Can people who are asymptomatic spread coronavirus?[/h]A person who is asymptomatic may be shedding the virus and could make others ill. How often asymptomatic transmission is occurring is unclear.

From health.harvard.edu re corona virus-
Can people who are asymptomatic spread coronavirus?
A person who is asymptomatic may be shedding the virus and could make others ill. How often asymptomatic transmission is occurring is unclear.

From post 17 above in which a previously posted (post 15), somewhat evasive CDC response to the question was made more concise and (I thought) more clear:

Google translate:
Can someone spread the virus without being sick?

• Yes. How often is uncertain.

It would not be be surprising if transmission occurring fairly often from asymptomatic or subclinically symptomatic individuals is confirmed but patients are clearly "contagious", and likely much more so, when more severely symptomatic. I suspect Hopper may have misunderstood or misstated something such as this...

The upside is for those who hold to your travel plans- think how nice it will be on the island with less traffic, more parking availability, quicker in and out at the bakery, gas station and supermarche and an excess supply of Ott and Champagne!

With the impact that this virus has had so far and is projected to have worldwide in the upcoming months, words fail me...

The upside is for those who hold to your travel plans- think how nice it will be on the island with less traffic, more parking availability, quicker in and out at the bakery, gas station and supermarche and an excess supply of Ott and Champagne!
There is an upside for this virus? Less traffic, more parking? Are you daft?

we just flew home from st barts and not one single person anywhere who worked for the airline or the airports or anyone ask us anything, speak to us about the virus or mention the word so i do not think we are in the panic mode that some would like us all to be....

Great news Pascale! The media might like us to think it is a recreation of the movies ‘Outbreak’ or ‘Contagion.’ However fingers crossed that the numbers of infected begin to take a downward turn which probably won’t occur for quite some time.

PT
we just flew home from st barts and not one single person anywhere who worked for the airline or the airports or anyone ask us anything, speak to us about the virus or mention the word so i do not think we are in the panic mode that some would like us all to be....

Yes, I have heard from five friends, returning from various parts of Italy, that no one asked to which part of Italy they had traveled or if they had been in contact with anyone who was ill. Customs asked no questions, and just whisked them through.

That pesky, irresponsible media!... will they ever stop?...

PS Now that this thread has moved beyond St Barth specific information and given that the virus is likely to be with us a while, I wonder how long unti it is moved to EE or meets the fate of Irma's Hope and Optimism thread...

I have been posting new updates for St Barts but no one is paying attention. This thread has served its purpose and then some.

Attached is today's Point Update from ARS Guadeloupe, the regional health authority. There are no new cases, and all results for "contacts" are negative.

Note: There will not be another Point Update until "the balance sheet changes".

Still 1 confirmed case on SBH, isolated at home.
Still 2 confirmed cases on St Martin, in the French-side hospital.
New, "close contacts" have tested negative.

ARS Point 7.jpg

I think the news that the situation in SBH remains unchanged is definitely worth repeating. there are major events coming up and cancellation would be have a big negative impact on the economy of the island. For The Bucket and Les Voiles, owners, skippers, crew, and in many cases, their families, are coming to the island for the regattas and they need to know they are no putting themselves or their families at danger.... it's good news that the one case's close friends and family have tested negative.

Attached is today's Point Update from ARS Guadeloupe, the regional health authority. There are no new cases, and all results for "contacts" are negative.

Note: There will not be another Point Update until "the balance sheet changes".

Still 1 confirmed case on SBH, isolated at home.
Still 2 confirmed cases on St Martin, in the French-side hospital.
New, "close contacts" have tested negative.

Thanks for the update, Kevin!

I think its is important for readers of the Forum to know the status of the Bucket and other events. I also agree Andy, this thread is still useful. And thank you Kevin.
Interesting- Israel just announced starting today- every incoming person- citizen or not apparently will be quarantined for 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.