Getting to Colombier

NNKcouple

SBH Member
We have trekked to Colombier many times but this year will be a little different. We arrive March 2 and my husband is scheduled for knee replacement on March 26 so making the hike won't happen for us this year but we still want to visit Colombier. Are there any boat taxis that will drop off and pick up?

I don't know how bad his knee is but I did the "low" path in December with a torn miniscus. Just got it repaired 2 weeks ago.

You can charter a bost to take you there but I've never heard of a taxi type service. I can only imagine how overrun that beach would be if such a service exisited.

We’ve done several private charters on Jicky Marine... they do a lovely job. There are other outfits, such as TopLoc...they’ll all do a fine job for you?

There actually is a water taxi service now, which I’ve just become aware of. I know nothing about them other than what is in this ad in Le Journal:

36393938-75FE-480B-B21B-607F96FD9540.jpeg

You may want to consider renting a couple of Seadoos in Grand Cul de Sac and motor over leisurely to Colombier.

Have you done this to spend time on Colombier? I did not know this could done. I had thought use of jet skis and their like for a day trip to Colombier was not permitted under the regulations of the Réserve Naturelle... apart from other potential and (possibly regulatory) issues regarding beaching with a jet ski... and how leisurely the trip out and back might be...
IMG_7602.jpeg
I suppose technically one could argue the regulation only pertains to jet skis remaining on board the yacht that brought them...

Just my $.02; but if I had hiked in to Colombier from above, or from the 'low road', and were confronted by yahoos on jet skis disturbing my tropical idyll, believe me, I would be p#@*ed. Bad idea, and probably prohibited.

Just my $.02; but if I had hiked in to Colombier from above, or from the 'low road', and were confronted by yahoos on jet skis disturbing my tropical idyll, believe me, I would be p#@*ed. Bad idea, and probably prohibited.
And you would be correct. No so called Seadoos allowed. Good grief.

I agree with Izzy, 24loar, and Andy, Tthe local rental agencies are not going to rent you a Seadoo if your stated intention is to ride into Colombier.

Missy,
It was Bill (STBARTSHOPPER) that suggested renting jet skis and taking to Colombier Beach.

While I may not know the Water Taxi boatman, it turns out that I know the former owner of the boat. If operated correctly, it is a safe and reliable boat. I wish the new boat owner much success in his new business.

View attachment 51558

All's I can say is - in years gone by we rented from several great folks who took us out around "goat island" & then to "Colomb" where we enjoyed diving, munching, laying on the beach, enjoying the company of our boat hosts & diving some more with a little cruise out around the isle on the way back. I have no idea who does what now. But, I always relied on suggestions from friends here (thanks Jeff & others).

The upper trail to that beach from Flamands is fine, except when ya forgot to bring a flashlight when it gets dark. The lower trek was fine for a climbing fanatic, like me :cool: I wouldn't push anything unless you know your comfort zone & checked with a good sports doc.

Jet skis are GREAT. But! PLEASE! Don't go around the isle unless ya really know water & it's power.