Recommendations for 1st night on island dinner

NNKcouple

SBH Member
Arriving March 2 around 430pm, staying in Pointe Milou and would like recommendations for our first night dinner. Previous go to was The Hideaway.

If you liked The Hideaway, I would suggest ZION in the same location. Atmosphere is excellent and food is delicious.

We refer our guests to Les Bananiers, Colombier, just up the hill from the villa and next to the bakery.
Quick service, non smoking, excellent food and reasonable price.
Veggie pizza is a favorite...our go-to.

Bonito!!!! Great food and awesome ambiance. We no longer fall for the frou-frou drinks there, however. Gin and tonic for us!

We’re trying Zion in March for our 1st night this year, but we really enjoyed Quartier General last year as our first night dinner.

Hideaway was our first night dinner for years. Eddy’s has been our go-to first night dinner since Andy left and we love it for the ambiance, food and vibe. Chatting with Eddy in the magical setting brings down our stress level and helps transform us to vacation mode.

For a 1st night dinner, after a long travel day, I prefer to go low key, reliable, and comfortable. My choice would be the same as Rivertrash - Le Repaire. I wouldn't argue against my friend Stbartslover's recommendation of Les Bannaniers though. Both restaurants fit my criteria. The difference, in my head, is that parking often sucks at Les Bananiers, and they sometimes get busy. At Le Repaire, I really don't care about paying a few € for parking, and I can always get a table, maybe not the best table, but a table.

we used to do the Hideaway....now our first night is at 25 Quarrter...food is very good...service has been great...atmosphere has been relaxed. Make a reservation for the rum room for an after dinner adult beverage....they have several hundred rums from which to indulge....in a speakeasy type setting...

Le Repaire, great viewing of the harbor and the food is great. what better way to say hello to the island.

Arriving March 2 around 430pm, staying in Pointe Milou and would like recommendations for our first night dinner. Previous go to was The Hideaway.

Eddy's is always our first night go to!-Seeing Eddy and talking to his family just gets us in the island vibe!!

I would have to agree with KevinS about what we look for in the first night dinner. We also used to go to Andy's and before that Marigot Bay club and before that Le Flambouyant. Since Andy's has closed we now go to Le Gran de sel. Food always reliable. You get to breath that Caribbean air and and since we also stay in Pt Milou and easy drive home.

The restaurant at the Hotel Christopher (Christo Lounge & Restaurant) is a fine choice too if you are looking for close to Pte Millou on the water dining.

For 10 years we have gone to Les Bananiers on the first night, and at least three times more during our time there. We will look at each other monthly and say, "I wish I was at Les Bananiers."