Desperate for Carnival info

GeorgeD

SBH Insider
Hi All,
We are two couples some with less than great walking skills. and are wondering where the event starts and where we might be able to cab to a closer location?
We are told the car entry closes at !:00 and busses are available to the Public from the parking lots, but are concerned that these lots will be packed and we do not want to walk that far.
So those of you who know how this parade thing works, can we cab to the "fish market"? Or to the "industrial (concrete/lumber) area)?
Any help here would be appreciated.
George & Jody

George,

As someone who remembers that your mobility is not what it used to be, as well as someone who is recognizing that his own mobility may be diminishing, I spent some time on this. The bottom line is that SBH does a crap job of putting out the information which you are looking for. I remembered that I saw something in my feed from Le News a few days ago, and thankfully they have an archive, even if it is limited. This is what they posted about parking and shuttles for Carnival. It ain't great, but hopefully it is helpful to you:

Capture.JPG

George- The St. Jean shuttles do a nice job. It is probably too late- a reservation at Repaire is a good spot- explain your handicap situation and ask in person rather then by phone or email.