All you frequent flyers have your October star?

In Illinois, the wait seems to average about three hours. Unfortunately in our family of five, we all have expiring licenses, so we've decided to bite the bullet and put up with the lines. We all have GE cards, but will get the Real ID as well so we don't have to carry both cards to travel. Son's wait during a college/holiday break was 3.5 hours arriving at DMV opening, husband's was 2.75 hours with mid-afternoon arrival, my poor 85 yo mother waited 4 hours and then had to return because the "system" was down (and couldn't take the photo), our daughters and I have yet to go but will get the Real ID since we have to renew anyway.

Those waits are horrendous. I am not sure I could wait that long.

I had to delay getting my star because I couldn't find my SS card. I had almost given up (thinking I will just need to travel with my passport) when my wife found it tucked away in a folder with our marriage certificate. I went to the local AAA office and was in and out in 30 minutes. Thankfully this was 18 months after MA had implemented the new ID's so almost everyone who wanted one had already obtained their new license.

I had to delay getting my star because I couldn't find my SS card.

LOL...I stumbled across mine in a drawer a few weeks ago. I laughed remembering when I carried it in my wallet full time.

Why on earth would anyone need the actual card in 2020?

...I had to delay getting my star because I couldn't find my SS card...
LOL...I stumbled across mine in a drawer a few weeks ago...

Good examples of why a SSN birthstone ring is so valuable... and less painful than a SSN tattoo... don't know if either are accepted for the starry ID though...
IMG_7543.jpeg

LOL...I stumbled across mine in a drawer a few weeks ago. I laughed remembering when I carried it in my wallet full time.

Why on earth would anyone need the actual card in 2020?

That was one of the documents I needed to apply for the new drivers license. Without it I didn’t fulfill the I’d requirements. I should also say that I am self employed so I don’t get a W2 from an employer.

Yes, having a RealID driver's license is important. We should all have one. However, if you're traveling to/from St Barth, you should already have, and use, an acceptable ID. If you don't then you have a bigger problem than RealID.