Lunch at Zion Feb 19 2020

Patrick

SBH Insider
We decided to give Zion a try after so many years of lunches, dinners and vanilla rhums from Andy Hall's Hideaway.

Knowing the menu from their website, we really were only interested in a couple items but made a late lunch reservation today.

The restaurant is gorgeous nothing like Andy's from days gone by. The staff were friendly and attentive.

IMG_E3276.jpg

Note the lunch menu was more limited then the menu online but we really wanted the Angus rib steak and that was available. We also ordered the Frites maison (duck fat fries). I have to say everything was excellent - the foamed mash potatoes, steak, au jus and frites. Great lunch and will return for dinner later this week.

IMG_E3286.jpg

We had a couple cocktail creations - I had the Zion and Annabelle had the Caribbean Treat (which they added extra pineapple juice). They also had some neat craft beers which I have never seen on a restaurant beer list in St. Barths in the past.

IMG_E3280.jpg

A great afternoon - part of the week celebrating my wife's 5 oh

Cheers
Patrick

Your lunch sounds delightful today, Patrick! The pictures were great and are making me hungry..LOL! Looking forward to dining there this spring.

And, happy 5-0 to your bride!!

Gayle

Patrick
We think Jean Baptiste is an 'emerging' top chef. A long term employee at Christopher told us he was limited to the recipes and offerings of what were on the menu. At Zion, his restaurant, it has been his to do what he desires. And for us- consistently excellent. If you sit at his counter, you will see how he and his team, are making sure dish by dish are meticulously perfect. Our forecast is he is destined to go on to greater recognition, which can not occur on the island. We think with the right restaurant a star could be in his future. Enjoy his cooking while you can.

We had lunch there also last week, including a nice cooked Mahi Mahi, a delicious beet and goat cheese salad and a baked pineapple sweet to finish off the meal. We hadn't been to the space since Andy left. It was fun to go back and have a good meal.

P1230502.jpg

P1230503.jpg

P1230505.jpg