Here today, gone tomorrow

And so it goes, indeed! Jarred a lot of memories watching this. Thanks for posting, Andy.

Andy - THNX!

I'm sure there were periods of huge advancement in prior times on earth. But, in my short stay on this planet - Geez! DNA research, cellphones & super fast computers, car mufflers that don't rust out every 2 years, LEDs, hi-def everything, GPS, electric cars, super glue, "smart" everything, not writing checks ... & from a field of mine -

Capture.PNG

Joe Meek, producer and writer (although with some controversy for the latter) of Telstar, was a great innovator using the technology of his time.

Meek was a contemporary of Phil Spector who made Spector's life seem tame... A biopic is on some streaming services and is available on youtube: Telstar - The Joe Meek Story.

Joe with some thechnolgy that fits the video Andy posted:
IMG_7669.jpeg

Regarding Here Today, Gone Tomorrow, does anyone remember Ferrante and Teicher, "The Forgotten Gids of Easy Listening"? Before Joe Meek brought us his take on space (I Hear A New World preceded Telstar but did not see full release for ~ 30 years), they recorded music of John Cage (really) in space-themed "Soundproof".

IMG_7653.jpeg

I had all their records...the theme fromEXODUS pops into my head! Saw them in concert at Queens College. Yes, I took PHIL!